Job ID: 6511
Updated: Apr 20, 2022
Location: New York, NY, United States
Category: Legal Recruiting & Development
About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,000+ lawyers) operating from 18 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
As a member of the New York Attorney Engagement Department, the Workflow Integration Manager will report to the FW Sr. Director of Legal Recruiting and Development and help support the development of our attorneys, the needs of our Partners, and ultimately the Firm’s Open Assignment System in the New York office. This person will assist Associates as they integrate and advance by facilitating access and introductions to new work matters and Partners.
• Significant role in overseeing associate activity levels and helping anticipate associate capacity constraints and availability.
• Promote and monitor the sharing of resources efficiently across client matters by building key relationships within the department to address and proactively manage scheduling conflicts.
• Artfully balance the needs of the Open Assignment System, with thoughtful recommendations for both Partners and Associates regarding availability for matters.
• Assist with pairing resources to projects to cope with personnel leaving or joining, or to meet changing client needs (to either delay or speed up the project).
• Regularly communicate any changes in personnel on client matters, as well as any performance concerns raised by teams.
• Build key relationships with LRD and Corporate Practice attorneys to address resource needs and proactively manage conflicts.
• Help integrate new hires into the Open Assignment System.
• Assist Partners in monitoring total headcount for long/short-term recruiting purposes.
• Prioritize attorney availability recommendations based on client risk, specialization requirements, and timing constraints.
• Consult with firm leadership as needed, to overcome any outstanding issues or conflicts.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
Computer proficient with knowledge and understanding of various database systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.