About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,000+ lawyers) operating from 18 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
The Security Engineer II performs security risk assessments on new and current technologies, analyzes and reports on vulnerabilities as part of the overall vulnerability management function, collaborates with Security Architecture on projects, and provides subject matter expertise for Information Security.
- Perform Risk Assessments for IT projects, technologies and third-parties (e.g., vendors and service providers). Respond to security assessments, questionnaires and audits from clients and third-party business partners.
- Subject matter expert for Information Security, consulting to technical and non-technical management, and attorneys as necessary.
- Evaluate and recommend security technologies and solutions. Plan and execute projects to implement new technologies and controls or to upgrade existing ones. Create and maintain system, procedural and support documentation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of security policies, standards, processes and guidelines.
- Participate in issues management (exception and findings requests) as needed.
- Collect information on emerging threats including software vulnerabilities. Coordinate triage of and response to vulnerability information. Disseminate this information regularly to firm staff and management as appropriate.
- Participate in long-term strategy and planning for Information Security.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Five (5) years of work experience in IT Security is required
- 4-year college degree in information technology or equivalent experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) are preferred
- Experience with assessments in Windows and Unix is required
- Knowledge of IT security controls and IT infrastructure is required
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure IaaS and SaaS is required
- Scripting/automation experience such as Python, PowerShell and API integrations is preferred
- Strong knowledge on Security frameworks and technologies such as ISO 27001, NIST, SOC, SIG… is required
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written, visualization and listening) skills
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team setting
- Interest in understanding customer perspective to aid in the development of the right solution
- Commitment to delivering quality solutions
- Ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience
- The ability to research and solve complex security and networking challenges
- Demonstrated personal skills to effectively cooperate and communicate with business partners
- 2 plus years’ experience in the design of strong security architectures that protect networks from threats and vulnerabilities
- Demonstration of strong business acumen with analytical, interpersonal, multi-tasking, negotiations, industry knowledge, project management and communication, written as well as oral skills
- Knowledge of security technology capabilities
- Knowledge of cloud capabilities, controls and implementation
- Knowledge of security administration and role based security controls
- Knowledge of authentication technologies and their interaction with different platforms, both on-site and remote
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management technologies
- Knowledge of anti-malware technologies
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention technical capabilities
- Knowledge of both client and server firewalling technologies and their configuration and administration
- Knowledge of security systems log correlation and analysis
- Knowledge of data encryption technologies
- Knowledge of Endpoint Detection and Response tools
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and forensic tools
- Knowledge of web filtering and email SPAM prevention techniques
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) are preferred.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.