About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Senior Network Operations Engineer role provides 24x7 support and operational availability of Kirkland’s firm wide network infrastructure. Responsibilities include the implementation of new network technologies as well as day-to-day operations and change management of all deployed network technologies. In addition, the senior engineer is responsible for developing standardized methods for infrastructure implementations as well as configuration standardization reporting and remediation. Minimum five years of experience in a similar role is required. Bachelor degree in computer science preferred. Network and security certifications such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, and others are a plus.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Listening, understanding and articulating technical and non-technical information (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and/or management in a one-on-one or team context with little oversight.
- Effective production support activities, including technical writing and the creation of documentation, training, and other communications with minimal supervision.
- Documenting small to large scale projects with minimal supervision.
- Routinely making effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction based on sound business knowledge.
- Ability to investigate and weigh information gathered from other projects and/or similar organizations.
- Seeks management assistance when needed to communicate across organizational boundaries.
- Understands when to escalate issues.
- Makes problem troubleshooting decisions that involve a comparison and trade-off between cost containment and/or timeliness of service.
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and in the Firm.
- Recognized as a positive and motivational force on the team.
- Identifies conflicts within their team and works with the supervisory team to resolve.
- Negotiates skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups.
- Strong environmental and technology background to be able to understand change requests and disseminate information to groups potentially impacted.
- Recommends process improvements and changes while mitigating the impact of change for self and team.
- Consulted by peers and seen as an informal leader in the group on tactical problem solutions.
- Performs all technical program tasks with minimal supervision.
- Provides status updates.
- Leads small to large size projects with little oversight.
- Strong process coordination skills.
- Drives compliance with structured Project Delivery Process seeking to meet all expected phase outputs in order to ensure project success.
- Measures customer satisfaction.
- Ensures quality standards are met.
- Determines next steps to be done in a project.
- Complete task level expertise.
- Understands multiple projects in order to integrate them into business solutions.
POSITION SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Provides input to identifying new areas of opportunities, techniques and approaches.
- Able to understand technology strategies and road maps.
- Provides input to financial models and project budgets.
- Coordinates installations with other IT resources.
- Able to perform routine and standard installations.
- Capable of developing documentation and work plans.
- Able to execute routine test plans.
- Provides routine Level 3 support. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Demonstrates routine technical skills.
- Coordinates peer engineers.
- Able to execute routine production maturity plans.
- Able to execute routine capacity and performance plans.
- Knowledge of current LAN and WAN networking standard protocols.
- Expertise in the maintenance techniques required for IP networks and Cisco hardware and software.
- Expertise utilizing and configuring network monitoring and configuration tools such as Solarwinds NPM/NCM, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Riverbed SCC, Cisco Security Manager, McAfee Network Security Manager, Cisco Firepower Manager, and Cisco ISE Administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with network standards/best practices in the implementation of new offices.
- Expertise with controller based wireless network standards and best practices, and the ability to monitor and troubleshoot these networks.
- Basic scripting techniques and the ability to automate processes to implement and manage the network environment effectively.
- Experience with support and implementation of SSL and IPsec VPN remote access.
- Ability to manage structured wiring, both copper and fiber optic.
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies.
- Understand network security best practices.
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively with telecommunication carriers.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using tools such as wireshark.
- Experience with syslog, netflow, and other tools to monitor network performance.
Current K&E Technologies
- Cisco routing, switching, and wireless.
- EIGRP, BGP, BFD, HSRP, VSS, VPC, RSTP
- Cisco IOS, NxOS, RiOS, GETVPN
- Juniper Networks VPN/Firewall
- NetApp storage integration
- Solarwinds/Orion alerting, monitoring, and reporting
- Riverbed NetShark, Steel Central NetProfiler
- Riverbed WAN acceleration
- Cisco ASA VPN/firewall, Cisco Firepower, Cisco Security Manger, Cisco Firepower Management
- Cisco Umbrella
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Site to Site VPN
- McAfee IPS, Network Security Manager
- F5 LTM, GTM, APM, ASM
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers/Access points
- Raritan console switches
- Cisco Identity Services Engine/802.1x/NAC
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm. #LI -Hybrid