About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
- The position of Guest Services Representative at Kirkland & Ellis requires an individual with a superior customer service orientation. As part of a cohesive team working with international clients this position focuses on enhancing our brand representation whether by answering phones, greeting and guiding guests through the office/conference space or in their approach to solve logistical challenges when handling office or meeting reservations. The selected candidate will demonstrate a high degree of cultural awareness and possesses the curiosity and ability to adapt to other cultural beliefs and norms. A positive can-do attitude that carries through all day-to-day activities. A fast paced, entrepreneurial and innovated environment, we are looking for a driven individual who thrives on the prospect of enhancing the experience of our guests, effecting change and, as part of the integrated whole, contributing to the success of the firm overall.
- The Guest Services Assistant is an essential position for operation of the Conference Center and answering the main phone line.
- Answer incoming calls and transfer within the Firm and to outside numbers using the SDC system.
- Assign offices to visiting attorneys and clients paying attention and noting all details including technology, secretarial assistance, and supply needs, as well as any and all other important information.
- Greet guests and walk them to the appropriate conference room, attorney’s office, or visitor office.
- Reserve meeting space by using EMS conference booking software, noting all details including technology, A/V, catering, supplies and other support needs.
- Arrange for all catering needs by acting as a liaison between foodservice staff and the person making the reservation to ensure proper food order, delivery time, and charges. Educate requesters on meal, snack, and beverage service types, as well as special event types and pricing for each.
- Order cars for attorneys and clients, as needed.
- Add guest names to building security website to allow entry to the building to outside guests. Arrange for temporary internal IDs for visiting attorneys.
- Be the single point of contact for all calls - act as the information ’hub’ of the office, knowing where to transfer people and what departments can help service each request.
- Know what is going on in each conference room at all times and help direct callers and visitors to each.
- Perform any other tasks that are needed by anyone who asks, whether in a conference room or visiting attorney office.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelor Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in a high-paced customer service environment is required.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, EMS Conference Room Booking, SDC phone system
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.