About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
This position is responsible for testing and delivering complex application requirements as part of an Agile Scrum team including internal and external resources. The individual in this role will participate in quality assurance, including but not limited to the creation of test plans and strategy, test cases related to a cutting edge web application in partnership with the development team, product owners and business stakeholders. The role currently relies manual testing tools, however automated testing and performance testing experience is a plus. The person will review, communicate, and make recommendations on QA standards and frameworks, including but not limited to matters of manual, automated and performance testing and defect management that endorse and monitor adherence.
- Ensures web application is tested to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements; Evaluate and review conformance to system requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Resolves problems associated with test cases to ensure objectives are attained.
- Assists in the development of detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases based on functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements.
- Traces tests forwards/backwards through the development lifecycle and back to requirements.
- Leads test planning within an Agile project team to design, develop, and execute test plans.
- Collaborates with project teams, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and business stakeholders to design and develop test plans, test cases, and execution procedures.
- Identifies gaps in functional and technical requirements and translate them into test cases and execution procedures.
- Participates and coordinates testing across multiple branches of development (hot fix, maintenance release, incremental product release) on behalf of Kirkland product owners and validate the delivery of defects and scheduled changes per defined Acceptance Criteria
- Supports occasional evening and weekend deployments by conducting verification testing against a specific hot fix, maintenance release. or incremental product release
- Reviews vendor’s manual test cases to ensure full coverage of requirements.
- Participates in defect management process from defect identification to resolution. Examine current processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepares and communicates test results and reports accurate testing status to project leadership.
- Provides input on appropriate test execution approach for Kirkland testing.
- Reports test execution metrics to project team members, in cooperation with third party QA test team.
- Identifies recurring quality issues and opportunities to improve engineering process and product success
- Follows processes to complete testing on a given test environment, and assists with fulfillment of necessary steps required to promote code base to higher level environments.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Exceptional QA analytical skills with emphasis on test plan creation, planning and execution.
- Exceptional manual testing skills
- Experience creating automated tests
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban, and continuous integration)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in a high-pressure environment
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools
Education and Work Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or similar disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience with 3+ software testing experience
- Strong understanding of the application development life cycle and the various methodologies
- Clearly expresses verbal and written ideas.
- Understands, interprets and evaluates messages.
- Collaborates effectively.
- Resolves conflict constructively.
- Establishes an environment of trust to promote knowledge sharing and group participation.
- Embraces change, performs with confidence in ambiguous situations.
- Provides leadership and creative solutions to application testing and problem solving.
- Takes a proactive approach to meeting customer needs.
- Significant experience working directly with and providing white glove service to customers / end users
- Confidently embraces new challenges.
- Azure DevOps Services
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Microsoft Outlook
- iManage DMS
- iDevice (Iphone/IPad)
- Microsoft Skype
- Avaya Telephone/Equinox
Additional Technologies Preferred
- SQL (Writing simple queries)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.