About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
This position supports the overall efforts of the Firm’s Human Resource (HR) Business Unit, with a concentration on data entry, data integrity and business processes relating to the data maintained within the Firm’s HR system, PeopleSoft. This position will work closely with upstream and downstream customers of HR data elements.
- Complete accurate and timely entries in to the Firm’s HCM system, PeopleSoft, for all Partners and Of Counsel Firmwide, including re/hires, full life-cycle changes such as job title updates, partner incorporation, office and department transfers, compensation and bonus updates, a variety of benefit enrollments including international benefit enrollments, setting up and maintaining dependents/beneficiaries and trusts, and terminations. Data entry includes updating personal changes such as name, phone, address, email, citizenship, diversity demographics, education, clerkships, languages, office assignments, remote worker agreements, etc.
- Participate in the process of promoting Associates to Partner and at the same time transitioning pay, bonuses, and benefits from Staff Payroll to Partner Payroll.
- Participate in the process of transitioning Share Partners to Non-Share Partner, and vice versa, including corresponding pay and benefit changes.
- This position is responsible for tracking HR operational items such as updating bonus-tracking sheets per payroll, and for very closely following the Firm’s payroll cut-off schedule.
- Periodically compare compensation and bonuses with the Finance team, and ensure pay rate changes are implemented within PeopleSoft.
- Assisting the team with Open Enrollment benefit reprocessing.
- Assisting the team with key cyclical data-entry initiative such onboarding the Summer Associate, Stipend/PILI, and New/Fall Associate populations.
- Participate in data validation efforts between the HR and Payroll modules specific to Partner and Of Counsel entries for benefits and earnings; responsible for investigating discrepancies and managing resolution efforts with Payroll and Benefits.
- The position is responsible for responding to employees and partners using standard email response templates, and also for cataloguing, retaining and filing appropriate back-up paperwork.
- This position will work closely with individuals assigned to manage terminations at the Firm, following a termination process checklist, creating written instructions for Payroll and local offices on a Payroll Order document, and calculating final benefit deductions for the departing individual.
- The position is responsible for quality-control checking other team member’s work, based on data entry definitions and guidelines.
- Support testing and implementation activities for PeopleSoft upgrades, system enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of HR data entry experience.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Analytical ability, organizational skills, acute attention to detail, excellent follow-through skills, as well as keen judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ideal candidate can effectively multi-task, is an entrepreneurial self-starter, meets concrete deadlines, and is a strong team player.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required, including proficiency using v-lookups and pivot tables. Experience with PeopleSoft data entry is preferred.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.