About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
- The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the daily coordination of Digital Services, General Services and Facility related activities. The Operations Coordinator ensures quality service and safe and efficient operations within the Palo Alto office. In collaboration with the Office Manager, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for responding to digital service requests, workstation and office space needs and on-site building issues. He or she will also liaison between the building engineers and vendors to coordinate building related projects, preventative maintenance and scheduled repair requests. The Operations Coordinator Works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Ensures proper functioning of the above support services departments in accordance with firm goals, policies, goals and commitments.
- Receives reviews, prioritizes and responds to digital services requests, which may include coordinating shipping and courier service. Accepts and receives all deliveries and packages. Executes prompt delivery to recipient.
- Works directly with building engineers and IT on any maintenance issues and scheduled preventative maintenance. Schedules services with HVAC, carpet cleaning, painting, security and all other facilities-related vendors based on service agreements.
- Maintains and updates office documents such as office floor map, phone list and office guide.
- Organizes, prepares and process invoices promptly for approval and payment such as Federal Express, coffee services, courier services and postage. Expert on firm software such as Chrome River and One Source Procurement.
- Coordinates office moves related to new hires, departures and visitor spaces. Assists in moving boxes, office equipment and furniture. Ensures areas are clean and ready in advance of arrivals and that all designated checklist steps are complete.
- Conducts routine premise inspections with Office Manager and coordinates any general maintenance and repairs.
- Works with guest services, reception and IT departments by assisting with conference room set up and take down, back up coverage and accepting deliveries and shipping of IT equipment.
- Assists with office safety and security and maintains inventory of emergency response supplies and access badges.
- Participates in weekly and monthly facilities, purchasing, operations and team meetings.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary. Delete if not applicable.)
- Maintains cleanliness and functionality of outdoor furniture, fitness room and game room equipment.
- Assists Guest Services to ensure conference rooms and visitor office are maintained and in good order and are properly stocked at all times. Ensures room set-ups and clean-ups are handled in a timely and thorough manner.
- Monitor costs as they relate to office supplies and pantry purchases and make fiscally responsible decisions.
- Special projects as assigned by the manager.
- Other miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 2 years of experience as a coordinator in digital services and facilities. Prior law firm experience is desirable.
- Strong customer service and communication skills and possesses ability to follow instructions.
- Solid organization skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and to act quickly while remaining calm and well mannered.
- Ability to use a computer for data entry and email.
- Required: Ability to use a telephone, computer keyboard and mouse, reach with hands and arms, talk and listen. Frequently required to stand and walk, as well as to lift, carry or push objects such as boxes and equipment weighting up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to sit, stoop or kneel.
- Preferred/Desired: Prior office experience desired, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Chrome River. Citrix.
Tools and Equipment
- Usage of standard equipment, telephone, computers, photocopiers, fax machine, postage machine.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.