About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Real Estate Portfolio Manager will work across the breadth of locations and activities throughout the Firm’s real estate portfolio, ranging from pre-lease analysis through design, construction, and relocation. This position reports to the Firmwide Real Estate Director and will work closely with personnel from offices throughout the Kirkland portfolio, as well as with functional area leaders. This individual will be responsible for coordinating the integration of workplace design and standards into the Firm’s Real Estate projects and seeing projects through to completion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Support the Director of Real Estate during the site search and pre-lease analysis with the ability to provide detailed data points for the overall recommended solution, including budget and schedule development and space utilization analysis
- Oversee project management of construction projects, including managing vendors and service partners such as architects, engineers, external project managers, general contractors
- Responsible for the coordination and development of the pre-lease and design process, and driving the evolving workplace design and standards in order to:
- Analyze space use and support decisions of future requirements
- Create solutions to respond to high-growth and high-fluctuation throughout the year
- Use real estate to support recruitment, and increase employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention
- Reimagine space for collaboration, technology integration and workforce engagement
- Utilize space efficiently and effectively
- Incorporate workplace software and seamless technology into design standards
- Focus on understanding workplace trends and strategies; establish internal relationships with functional and office leadership to effectively communicate the role workplace design plays in employee engagement and productivity
- Collaborate across the matrix organization to ensure initiatives align related to workplace, technology, wellness, health and safety, recruiting, etc.
- Work closely with the Real Estate Project Managers on renovation and new construction or other major real estate projects when there are design issues, exceptions, or unique requirements
- Coordinate and work directly with third party strategic design partners to ensure new design concepts are understood and followed; address any exceptions
- Create and utilize pre and post-occupancy metric and analysis to continuously evolve the workplace design
- Create documentation for Firm design standards in the practices and protocols to support the Real Estate policy; provide transparency be maintaining design standards information on a shared repository
- Remain current relating to best practices, regulations, and laws relating to all Real Estate functions and stay abreast of current trends and concepts for the workplace
- Work on special projects and play an integral part in improving systems, processes, and creating efficiencies to enhance the Real Estate management processes for the firm
- Attention to detail and ability to work under strict deadlines
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in developing and leading program / workplace services
- Ability to be flexible and pivot processes quickly
- Corporate Real Estate portfolio-related experience required; knowledge of the lifecycle of an office project is necessary
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting corporate leases
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to perform multi-functional tasks and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals and work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, team player, strong work ethic who takes ownership of position
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents and excellent problem solving skills; requires advanced analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to initiate process improvements
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- High proficiency in data analysis
- Knowledge of real estate software tools, such as IWMS and spatial scheduling platforms
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.