About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Technology Support Supervisor is responsible for supervising and developing Technology Support Analysts and serves as the primary contact for call escalation and issue resolution. The Supervisor will also take customer questions, compliments and complaints. This role will provide support across all Kirkland & Ellis offices. The Technology Support group is a 24/7 support operation and this position is responsible for ensuring there is proper coverage at all times. Individual must also be available after-hours and weekends when urgent issues arise. The individual will be responsible to work or rotate to work monthly maintenance windows as required.
They are responsible for day-to-day support of PC hardware, software and Conference Technology. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading of personal computers and related systems. He/she should have expertise in iPhones, iPads and Apple iOS. There may be some physical lifting required for computers and networking equipment. The candidate must have strong analytical skills and the ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
In addition to demonstrating considerable experience in the areas of responsibility listed above, the successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in providing prompt, professional and courteous services on all customer requests, problems, and queries. The candidate will also oversee the office’s conference technology, which includes scheduling, setup and monitoring. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, must show strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and be process-oriented. The candidate must be able to interact with individuals at all levels of the business including the Firm’s clients. He or she must be able to work well with other technical teams to provide troubleshooting steps to aid in resolution of desktop computing issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & CORE SKILLS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and change as necessary.)
- Excellent communication skills, is able to develop tactical plans with frequent oversight by supervisor level or higher.
- Effective business writing, articulation of information and answers in team and customer meetings and delivery of prepared presentations.
- Is able to create and deliver performance reviews, improvement plans and career plans with manager supervision.
- Has developed active listening skill & speaks with the customer in mind.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, brings conflicts & disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them collaboratively.
- Able to adapt team to business conditions & provides input on personnel decisions.
- Plans within standardized frameworks and models & fully supports change programs.
- Proactively seeks information and lessons learned from others to identify roadblocks.
- Managing organizational development, including team development and strategic change programs.
- Recognized as a positive & motivational leader for the team and organization.
- Has good decision making skills, based upon mixture of seeking input from others, analyzing input & using sound judgment.
- Excellent judgment in assessing user issues; Expert level trouble-shooting methodology.
- Acts as senior lead on the ground for customer escalations & resolutions during & outside working hours.
- Ability to work to the best resolution either through own knowledge or proper, timely escalation.
- Proficiency in OS and core application suite; including the Microsoft Suite and various Kirkland applications.
- Proficiency in Remote Computing and Citrix experience.
- Understand and able to assist with various video conferencing technologies.
- Proficient with Zoom, WebEx, Skype for Business and other video conference platforms.
- Excellent PC troubleshooting skills.
- Vast experience with iOS setup and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate Networking including wireless experience.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Voice over IP (VOIP) telephone systems.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to help other team members on difficult issues.
- Documents new findings/solutions.
- Adheres to use of call ticketing system for each and every incident (e.g. request, issues, etc.).
- Understands and follows ticket ownership guidelines and system usage.
- Solid ability to research information through internal and external sources.
- Adheres to written procedures, checklists and all quality control associated with project rollouts.
- Oversee Technology Support procedures and staff.
- Implements and monitors call intake and referral process.
- Trains Analysts on procedures and coaches them on customer service and technical skills.
- Fills in as additional Analyst when needed and leads the group by example.
- Maintains Analysts’ work and on-call schedules along with the manager.
- Resolves ticket management and referral issues.
- Verifies that consistent data entry and complete problem descriptions are included in all tickets.
- Coordinates follow up calls to customers after resolution to confirm the issues were resolved to their satisfaction
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, teaching, monitoring, evaluating and coaching staff under the direction of the manager.
- Handles disciplinary action including verbal and written warnings, performance improvement plans and terminations under the direction of the manager.
- Provides management reports on Technology Support operations and issues regarding the firm’s customer base.
- Expertise in working issue through to best resolution either through own knowledge or proper, timely escalation.
- Understands and assists in problem management process.
- Serves as an advocate for the local office on all IT initiatives, being the IT advocate for vendors and contractors.
- Focuses on the day-to-day operations of the office, working in concert with the office’s functional operations leads.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Education, Degree level or equivalent, Computer Science or Technical qualification
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in a professional services environment, law firm experience preferable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience leading a team at supervisory level or above.
- A+ and/or Microsoft certification are desirable.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills and will have the ability to be process-oriented yet flexible.
- Audio Visual experience a plus.
- Knowledge of desktop computing environment and troubleshooting techniques of hardware and software issues.
- Knowledge and the ability to support Microsoft operating system, including networking component, hardware, peripheral devices.
- Knowledge and experience in conference center environment.
Current K&E Technologies
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office Suite
- iManage DeskSite and FileSite
- Citrix /VPN
- Zoom, WebEx, Skype for Business
- Polycom and Cisco Video Conference Systems
- Carpe Diem
- Remote Control Software including Bomgar
- ITSM Ticket / Asset Management System
- Lenovo laptops and desktops
- iPhone & iPads
- Apple iOS & Apple Computers
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and multifunction printers.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.