About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
- This position supports the overall efforts of the Firm’s Human Resource (HR) Business Unit, with a concentration on data entry, data integrity and business processes relating to the data maintained within the Firm’s HR system, PeopleSoft.
Data entry-related activities expected to be 75% of job duties
- Complete accurate and timely entries in to the Firm’s HCM system, PeopleSoft, for all Partners and Of Counsel Firmwide, including rehires, full life-cycle changes such as job title updates, partner incorporation, office and department transfers, compensation and bonus updates, a variety of benefit enrollments including international benefit enrollments, setting up and maintaining dependents/beneficiaries and trusts, and terminations. This entry is considered expert-level due to partner pay nuances.
- Lead process to promote Associates to Partner and at the same time transition all of their pay, bonuses, and benefits from Staff Payroll to Partner Payroll, including on behalf of the Firm’s international offices.
- Lead process to transition Share Partners to Non-Share, and vice versa, including corresponding pay and benefit changes.
- Lead process to compare compensation and bonuses with the Finance team, and ensure pay rate changes are implemented within PeopleSoft.
- Assisting the team with Open Enrollment benefit reprocessing.
- Assisting the team with key cyclical data-entry initiative such onboarding the Summer Associate, Stipend/PILI, and New/Fall Associate populations.
Other data-validation, HR system, or team-related activities expected to be 25% of job duties
- Lead data validation efforts between the HR and Payroll modules specific to Partner and Of Counsel entries for benefits and earnings; responsible for investigating discrepancies, proposing solutions, and managing resolution efforts with Payroll and Benefits.
- Serve as subject matter expert in any Firm-related project on partner pay and benefits originating from PeopleSoft.
- Assisting the team with data analysis and clean-up related projects such as comparing large datasets in Excel, and researching correct data. Participate in targeted data clean-up on a specific field, or broader in scope such as HR process redesign resulting from new or updated functionality.
- Support effective onboarding and training of new team members.
- Support testing and implementation activities for PeopleSoft upgrades, system enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data.
- Support effective onboarding and training of new team members on PeopleSoft.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary. Delete if not applicable.)
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by management
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of HR experience including at least 3 years of HR systems experience.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Experience leading HR process improvements and information-related projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be skilled with drafting communications and procedural documents.
- Analytical ability, organizational skills, acute attention to detail, excellent follow-through skills, as well as keen judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ideal candidate can effectively multi-task, is an entrepreneurial self-starter, meets concrete deadlines, and is a strong team player.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required, including proficiency using v-lookups and pivot tables. Strong Word skills and working knowledge of PowerPoint and Access are also preferred. Experience with PeopleSoft is strongly preferred.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.