About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
This position is responsible for overseeing the testing of software features as part of a collaborative team including internal and external resources. This role is responsible for leading quality review of a cutting edge web application, including creation of test plans and strategy, test cases in partnership with the development team, product owners and business stakeholders and which are used to shape and verify code and check conformance to system requirements and acceptance criteria. The role relies on test automation and manual testing tools. The person will review and make recommendations on QA standards and frameworks, including but not limited to matters of manual, automated and performance testing and defect management. They will provide a recommendation for growth of the internal quality assurance team, processes and tools.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Works with project team members to design, develop, and execute test plans.
- May consult with project teams, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and business stakeholders to design and develop test plans, test cases, and execution procedures.
- Identify gaps in functional and technical requirements and translate them into test cases and execution procedures.
- Coordinates and executes testing across multiple branches of development (hot fix, maintenance release, incremental product release) on behalf of Kirkland product owners and validate the delivery of defects and scheduled changes per defined Acceptance Criteria
- Supports occasional evening and weekend deployments by conducting verification testing against a specific hot fix or maintenance release.
- Reviews vendor processes and strategy for manual and automated testing and recommend changes to approach in consideration of cost, scope, and timeline of product/solution delivery
- Identify recurring quality issues and opportunities to improve engineering process and product success
- Defines appropriate test execution approach for Kirkland testing.
- Refines and executes manual and automated test cases and procedures.
- Advises on performance test strategy, recommends approach, and manages delivery of performance testing results.
- Works with project team members to log, track, reproduce and verify solution defects from point of defect identification through resolution.
- Oversee defect management process from defect identification to resolution. Examine current processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- In cooperation with third party QA test team, report test execution metrics to project team members.
- Prepares and communicates test results and reports accurate testing status to project leadership..
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or similar disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience with 8+ software testing experience
- 5+ years of experience in a quality management leadership role
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and the various methodologies
- Clearly expresses verbal and written ideas.
- Understands, interprets and evaluates messages.
- Collaborates effectively.
- Conducts him/herself with utmost integrity at all times.
- Reports unethical conduct as required.
- Encourages fiscal responsibility and maintains confidentiality.
- Builds and maintains positive and supportive relationships across all departments, offices and organizations.
- Resolves conflict constructively.
- Establishes an environment of trust to promote knowledge sharing and group participation.
- Proven track record of working with and overseeing third party vendor activities
- Effectively resolves conflicts.
- Embraces change, performs with confidence in ambiguous situations.
- Provides leadership and creative solutions to application testing and problem solving.
- Demonstrates agility as needed.
- Takes a proactive approach to meeting customer needs.
- Invests time to establish the trust of customers.
- Significant experience working directly with and providing white glove service to customers / end users
- Confidently embraces new challenges.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve performance.
- Exceeds expectations without being prompted.
- Understands internal and external clients.
- Stays up-to-date on Kirkland current events.
- Demonstrates understanding of all business unit objectives.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Microsoft Outlook
- iManage DMS
- iDevice (Iphone/IPad)
- Microsoft Skype
- Avaya Telephone/Equinox
- VSTS-Visual Services Team Services
Additional Technologies Preferred
- Eclipse/Microsoft Project
- SQL (Writing simple queries)
- Enterprise Management Systems, Finance, Human Resource, Time Tracking, Billing, Risk
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.