About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Technology Training Specialist is responsible for helping staff and attorneys learn and use available technology to support our clients. Must project a professional, engaging demeanor and provide a positive, high-energy learning environment. We are seeking a reliable self-starter and problem solver who looks for opportunities to educate and leads by example. Training delivery includes classroom training, webinars, individual coaching, support, and document troubleshooting. The Technology Training Specialist follows Firmwide standard Lesson Plans when training, but also contributes to the development of classroom and CBT training curriculums. Drafts training documents and communications as needed. Provides end-user support on advanced topics as needed.
- Listening, understanding and articulating technical and non-technical information (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and/or management in a one-on-one or team context with some oversight.
- Effective production support activities, including technical writing and the creation of documentation, training, and other communications with frequent supervision.
- Documenting small to medium scale projects with infrequent supervision.
- Routinely making effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction based on sound business knowledge.
- Ability to investigate and weigh information gathered from other projects and/or similar organizations.
- Seeks management assistance when needed to communicate across organizational boundaries.
- Understands when to escalate issues.
- Makes problem troubleshooting decisions that involve a comparison and trade-off between cost containment and/or timeliness of service.
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and in the Firm.
- Recognized as a positive and motivational force on the team.
- Identifies conflicts within their team and works with the supervisory team to resolve.
- Negotiates skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups.
- Strong environmental and technology background to be able to understand change requests and disseminate information to groups potentially impacted.
- Recommends process improvements and changes while mitigating the impact of change for self and team.
- Consulted by peers and seen as an informal leader in the group on tactical problem solutions.
- Leads small to medium size projects with little oversight.
- Performs all technical program tasks with minimal supervision.
- Provides status updates.
- Strong process coordination skills.
- Drives compliance with structured Project Delivery Process seeking to meet all expected phase outputs in order to ensure project success.
- Measures customer satisfaction.
- Ensures quality standards are met.
- Determines next steps to be done in a project.
- Complete task level expertise.
- Understands multiple projects in order to integrate them into business solutions.
POSITION SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Continuously learn new technologies, systems, and best practices through self-directed study, hands-on testing, observation, training, and interaction with attorneys, legal staff, and administrative staff.
- More important than what you know is what you can learn through diligence, curiosity, repetition, and failure; and how you use that new knowledge to adjust, refresh, and build upon your existing knowledge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, the proper use of Word to construct legal documents, and the use of Document Management systems.
- Proactive and reliable self-starter and problem solver who looks for opportunities to contribute and to educate.
- Based on knowledge of our customers and the system in question, develops technology tips, guidelines, and documentation that effectively promote learning and absorption of material, following defined best practices.
- Deliver informal and formal learning solutions in a manner that is clear, engaging, and effective, in a classroom, one-on-one, or virtual room environment using the proper medium (PowerPoint, direct demonstrations, video conferencing, etc.)
- Deliver New Hire Training for incoming staff and attorneys at the highest possible quality as an ambassador of the Firm to new employees.
- Maintain the learning environment so that it is professional, clean, up-to-date, and ready for training.
- Provide escalated 'how to' targeted training/support to individuals as needed on Firm applications and procedures.
- Evaluate your training through recording, evaluation sheets, and follow-up with supervisors and managers to determine effectiveness of training program, and adjust your approach and delivery in a constant iterative process.
Qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010-Office 365 products, proper use of Word to construct legal documents and the use of Document Management is essential, as is the ability to learn new applications quickly, proficiently and independently. Flexibility to work overtime and some weekends; college degree preferred, at least three years training experience in law firm environment required.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- iManage DMS
- Carpe Diem, PeopleSoft, Chrome River
- Adobe Acrobat
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.