Job ID: 5765
Updated: May 27, 2021
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Category: Legal Recruiting & Development
About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
As a member of the Firmwide (FW) Legal Recruiting and Development (LRD) Department, the Attorney Engagement Manager will support the vision set by Firm leadership and the LA Attorney Recruiting & Development Director for all attorney engagement activities in Los Angeles. The Manager will provide support for the processes, programming and overall functioning of the engagement channel with the goal of creating an irresistible, best-in-class workplace for the Firm’s attorneys.
The position will closely collaborate with the Attorney Recruiting & Development Director and local leadership to implement and advance various initiatives related to (i) attorney onboarding, (ii) attorney workflow integration, (iii) morale, retention and employee engagement, (iv) attorney mentoring, (v) affinity group events and programming and all diversity, equity and inclusion (“DEI”) activities, (vi) attorney wellness check-ins, (vii) Associates Committee and (viii) exit interviews.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (May be supplemented and changed as necessary)
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in similar setting, law firm or professional services strongly preferred
• Candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, project management, analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Skilled in getting things done and overcoming obstacles to reach the goal
• The ability to work effectively with all levels of management, and across all Kirkland departments and offices, is required
• Proven leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent judgment
• Creative and innovative
• Responsible and responsive
• Team oriented
• Committed to attorney attraction, retention and development as well as keeping abreast of market trends and new programs
• Demonstrated high level of project management skills
• High level of confidentiality
• Proven ability to effectively work with senior level professionals and Partners
• Documenting medium to large scale projects with minimal supervision; will be involved in developing/delivering presentations
Technical experience should include the Microsoft Office Suite; Proficiency in Excel required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.