About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
This individual will report to the Human Resources Supervisor and will be a key member of the Bay Area Human Resources team. The Senior Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Staff Recruiting team and assist in the day-to-day functions of the Bay Area Human Resources team. The Senior HR Coordinator will have the opportunity to gain valuable business insight through interacting with multiple departments throughout the Firm.
Primary responsibilities include, supporting Human Resources Supervisor with sensitive employee relations issues as well as other HR-related responsibilities, which include filing personnel files, responding to requests for employment verification, responding to questions about HR policies and procedures, checking and responding to questions in the Human Resources mailbox, maintaining a positive work relationship with other HR departments including Benefits and Recruiting, and project work, as requested. It is expected that the individual will take on additional responsibilities and more complex project work over time.
- Staff Recruiting/Onboarding: Communicate with hiring managers, external agencies, review resumes and conduct preliminary phone interviews, distribute computer testing, seek proper approvals to hire and draft offer letters, initiate background checks, create new hire orientation schedules, collaborate with Bay Area Management team to prepare for new hire onboarding, prepare new hire packets and conduct new hire orientations.
- Timekeeping (Peoplesoft): Oversee and assist with all Peoplesoft timekeeping questions, inquiries, run weekly timesheet reports and provide report requests. Work with managers/staff to ensure accuracy of timesheets and absence requests.
- Benefits: Assist with annual open enrollment inquiries, conduct new hire benefits orientation, track and submit report for SF ordinance quarterly filing, submit qualifying benefits events to HR Operations team, collect beneficiary forms, assist with claims and respond to general questions.
- Leave of Absence (LOA): Work with staff and attorneys to initiate leave of absence and provide LOA information, conduct ongoing check-ins, contact EDD to coordinate SDI & PFL benefit integrations, proactively tracking EDD payments in LOA tracker and ensure smooth transition of employee’s return to work.
- Terminations: Meet with exiting staff, prepare sensitive departure paperwork and payroll orders and adhere to HR departure checklist.
- Prepare and send out Weekly Memo.
- File documents electronically in personnel file and performance review files; maintain files and keep them organized.
- Maintain and audit I-9 forms.
- Complete employment verifications/wage assignments/unemployment claims/child support.
- Maintain HR internal/external SharePoint sites.
- Assist in annual community fundraising events and office events.
- Meet with new employees and distribute 30, 60, & 90 day surveys.
- Support HR Hotline and direct calls/questions to appropriate departments or personnel.
- Processing invoices.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external clients.
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 3+ years of previous experience in HR and/or Recruiting.
- HR/Recruiting experience in a law firm or other professional services environment is a plus.
- Individual must have the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times and maintain high standards for personal performance.
- Individual will demonstrate considerable initiative, outstanding customer service skills, the ability to learn quickly, and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Work requires excellent attention to detail, proofreading skills, analytical ability, organizational skills, excellent follow-through skills, as well as keen judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, meet concrete deadlines, and be a solid team player.
- Must be skilled with drafting communication targeted to a wide variety of audiences. Must have high energy level, can-do attitude, ability to work independently, and high standards for personal performance.
- Work requires excellent proofreading skills, analytical ability, organizational skills, and acute attention to detail, excellent follow-through skills, as well as keen judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Individual must have the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times. Ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, meet concrete deadlines and have strong knowledge of I-9 forms and work authorization immigration documentation.
- MS Office 2016 and Excel skills are required. Working knowledge of Peoplesoft or similar HRIS system is preferred.
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- PHR or equivalent certification is a plus.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.