About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
- The Knowledge Services Assistant is responsible for assisting the US and International Knowledge Services teams with providing dedicated support for the Knowledge Management Attorneys (KMs) and other attorneys with KM responsibilities across the firm. This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the management of knowledge materials and data but the role holder also interacts with the IT KM Support team on the development of new KM technical resources. Collaboration and teamwork is an important aspect of the role.
- Knowledge Management is an important function and the KM Attorneys frequently require support with new and ongoing projects. The post holder assists with the handling of these requests and offering practical solutions when required.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of new and existing practice group sites in SharePoint, adding links to internal documents, external research tools and relevant websites, in accordance with established content management best practices.
- Request and obtain new knowledge materials from attorneys.
- Maintain and update directories of referral contacts using the firm’s CRM system and SharePoint.
- Monitor Outlook mail boxes for communications relating to deal tracker submissions and respond to emails when appropriate.
- Assist with the collection and validation of data for internal deal trackers in SharePoint and other platforms.
- Manage the content and organization of KM folders in the Firm’s document management system.
- Work closely with the KMs to help prepare and deliver regular practice specific newsletters using the Vable publishing tool.
- Assist with producing regular KM product usage reports.
- Assist with redacting and proof reading certain knowledge materials to comply with client confidentiality.
- Provide general admin support to KMs as and when required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess very good communication (oral and written) skills; the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment; a strong attention to detail and accuracy; and a professional demeanor. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships among attorneys and staff to achieve results. Candidate must be flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Experience of working in an administrative or library function in a law firm or professional services firm is desirable.
- Technical experience should include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience of SharePoint would be an advantage but is not essential.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.