Job ID: 5572
Updated: Mar 24, 2021
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Category: Junior Paralegal
About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
A Junior Paralegal, under the supervision and direction of a Paralegal, helps to manage and organize the materials and information relating to particular matters and transactions. These duties allow them the opportunity to work with and assist our legal staff with due diligence, pre-closing, closing and post-closing tasks. The projects typically involve clerical duties and basic file organization tasks, and at times will require long hours as needed by project demands. Responsibilies include:
• Prepares and files (or coordinates the filing of) formation, tax and securities documents
• Reviews investor subscription materials for completeness, correctness and consistency
• Subscription Booklet Tracking and Indexing
• Reviews investor subscription booklets and indexes into Access database and identifies follow up
• Prepares and maintains various spreadsheets and reports
• Maintains hard and soft copies of subscription booklets and other related materials
• Assists with pre-closing, closing and post-closing activities
• Prepares and files Form ID with the SEC and obtains SEC EDGAR codes
• Prepares and files Form D with SEC
• Prepares and files Blue Sky filings with state filing offices
• Assists with preparing Form ADV and Form PF with the SEC
• Assists with preparing Form 13F and Form 13H with the SEC
• Assists with production of confidential client documents in connection with SEC exams
• Provide legal and administrative support to Paralegals and Attorneys in the Corporate Department
• Proofread, duplicate and scan documents to PDF and save to DMS
• Perform clerical tasks as needed, e.g. make copies, create folder labels, prepare packages, write generic cover memos, etc.
• Commitment to work overtime as needed, which may be heavy at times, and may include weekends or holidays with potential to be for extended periods of time
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and a strong interest in corporate law. Excellent communication skills are necessary with the ability to interact professionally with staff, attorneys, paralegals, clients and vendors. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as with a team, have an acute attention to detail and be able to multi-task and prioritize while working in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
Strong technical skills are required, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and a form of Document Management System. Access experience a plus.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.