About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Collections Analyst (CA) is responsible for the maintenance and analysis of Firm collections from select clients. With supervision by the Senior Collections Analysts (SCAs), the CA will work directly with billing attorneys and clients to ensure that client invoices are prepared in a timely fashion and payments from clients are received when expected. The CA will work directly with billing staff and collaborate with them on the best approach for achieving the Firm goals of prompt billing and collections and to ensure that the collection system reflects the appropriate status.
- Coordinate the write-off approval process
- Monitor write-off requests prepared by billing staff
- Review requests for proper documentation and compliance with Firm policies and procedures
- Approve requests within the CA’s approval authority
- Complete necessary analysis and forward significant write-off requests to appropriate approvers.
- Manage collections of select clients in conjunction with the SCA
- Contact delinquent clients to discuss open invoices and get resolution
- Maintain monthly statements
- Follow-up with clients who are non-responsive via letter series
- Document all activities in ARCS for tracking
- Serve as staff support to the Billing & Collection Committee
- Assist with integrating the policies and procedures into daily operations of the Billing Department in conjunction with the SCA and Billing Department supervisors and managers
- Provide guidance to Billing Department staff in their collection efforts
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports relative to number of delinquent clients, charge-off reports, month-end collection reports, and collection agency status
- Prepare formal financial reviews on each major client on an annual basis at minimum in order to identify revenue risk factors at early stage
- Responsible for the development, training, and usage of the collection reporting system
- Review accounts to be recommended for write-off and cash application and assist in report preparation
- Participate in the monthly Collection meeting and report status of all assigned delinquent accounts
- Provide exception reports to Billing & Collection Committee and senior management
- Establish monthly collection goal and Forecast cash flow for management reports
- Liaise closely with billing partners to reconcile disputes and deductions
- Work with Billing Department staff to designation client status (e.g. staff collects, attorney collects) in ARCS
- Other duties as assigned
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The Collections Analyst will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business and commercial collection experience. Previous experience in a law firm of professional services company is beneficial
- The Collections Analyst should have working knowledge of ACA (American Collectors Association) statutes and regulations. International credit experience in an asset
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- The Collections Analyst is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service while producing a high quality work product. The ability to multitask and prioritize is essential
- The Collections Analyst must possess outstanding interpersonal skills in order to work effectively within a team environment, as well as independently. The ability to adapt to new assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment is required
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities, as well as the ability to work with relational database software is critical
- MS Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Elite 3E
ARCS Collection Software
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.