Essential Job Functions
The Human Resources (HR) Recruiting Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Staff Recruiting team and assist in day-to-day aspects of non-attorney recruiting for the Chicago office. The HR Recruiting Coordinator will have the opportunity to gain valuable business insight through interacting with multiple departments throughout the Firm. This role will also be involved in special recruiting projects and initiatives, such as presenting at career fairs and recruiting workshops.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
Assist with non-attorney recruiting process, including:
- Post, track, and monitor job postings on external careers sites (LinkedIn, Dice, Glassdoor, Professional Organizations, etc.)
- Support the candidate interview process including scheduling interviews, administering pre-interview assessments, greeting candidates, and collecting application materials
- Initiate payment of all recruiting invoices and follow up with any inquiries
- Assist with keeping the Firm’s recruitment CRM up-to-date and help troubleshoot issues, if needed
- Source candidates on behalf of Recruiters and track candidate information using the Firm’s ATS
Coordinate pre-employment background check and hiring process, including:
- Create offer letter packages
- Communicate with pending candidates through the entire pre-employment and new hire process
- Manage background and pre-employment verifications and follow up on any items needing attention
- Conduct professional reference checks
- Act as primary point of contact for background check vendor
Coordinate New Hire Orientation for all new hires and rehires, including:
- Coordinate with multiple departments in order to ensure that new hires receive the necessary equipment, materials, and system access for their first day
- Create Employee Files
- Create New Hire Binders and update with all necessary changes
- Ensure that new hires receive, complete, and return their required paperwork in a timely manner
- Organize luncheons and special programming for new hires and temporary interns
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Run query-based recruiting reports and distribute to designated HR members
- Maintain Staff Recruiting files, both physically and electronically on DMS.
- Assist Staff Recruiting and general HR team as necessary, and other duties as assigned by HR Director and Staff Recruiting team
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of previous experience in HR and/or Recruiting
- HR/Recruiting experience in a law firm or other professional services environment is a plus
- Individual must have the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times and maintain high standards for personal performance while meeting concrete deadlines
- Work requires attention to detail, analytical ability, organizational skills, excellent follow-through skills, and ability to work with a team
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, the ability to learn quickly, and an ability to problem-solve and escalate, when necessary
- MS Office required, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook; PowerPoint is a plus.
- ATS and CRM experience strongly preferred; PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter is a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.