About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The PeopleSoft Developer position is responsible for developing, configuring, implementing and maintaining HR and payroll systems; troubleshooting and resolving production support issues quickly and summarizing and reporting the results; producing appropriate documentation and notifications for changes to production systems or fixes to production problems; responsible for creating unit and system testing scenarios and scripts, performing unit testing, assisting business teams in system and UAT testing, and documenting testing results; creating and running statistical reports as well as ad hoc requests for clients; other responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Makes recommendations for approaches to development on new items or resolutions to issues. Discusses proposed solutions with user depts. Prepares reports outlining the proposed systems or resolutions.
- Design, develop, test, analyze and implement solutions to meet business needs and objectives.
- Provides Level 3 support. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Works with vendor(s) to troubleshoot issues.
- Ensures that programs and projects are designed to support and implement the Firm’s goals and strategic objectives.
- Ensures quality standards are met.
- Coordinates regular meetings with key user group to review work intake items, discuss priorities, and review status.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Listening, drawing out key concepts and articulating technical and non-technical concepts (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and management with some oversight.
- Effective production support activities including business and technical writing.
- Good understanding of business knowledge.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and incorporate best practices from other experiences and sound judgment.
- Knows when to seek management input or escalate issues based on impact.
- Decision making will require some experience with concepts like decision trees and alternate path diagrams. The goal is to minimize the trade-offs between cost containment and/or timeliness of service so that both are completely achievable.
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the Firm.
- Recognized as a positive team member.
- Has the ability to negotiate win-win solutions for all involved.
- Affects change within sphere of influence.
- Contributes individually or through others on minor to medium complex issues or initiatives.
- Assumes responsibility for their own contributions to positive results for the team.
- Seen as a potential leader in the group.
- Understands basic project management concepts, both waterfall and agile, and can lead small projects or development efforts.
- Has some experience in using project management software as a tool in charting the course of a project.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL and a programming language (i.e. PeopleCode, Java, .Net, C+, etc.).
- Understanding of the development life cycle.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience developing HR and Payroll applications, including experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 for HCM, Payroll for North America, Time and Labor, Absence Management, Talent Acquisition or Benefits Administration in a global environment is required.
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships.
- In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of development with PeopleCode, PeopleSoft Application Designer, and SQL. PeopleSoft upgrade or implementation project experience is recommended. Development skills with PeopleSoft Fluid is preferred.
- PeopleSoft HCM v9.1 - v9.2
- PeopleTools 8.54 to 8.58
- PeopleCode, Application Packages, Application Engines,
- BI Publisher
- In addition, the candidate must have the capability to learn and support other HR systems outside of PeopleSoft.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.