About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
As a member of the Firmwide (FW) Legal Recruiting & Development Department (LRD), the Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator will be instrumental in the development of standards and practices utilized throughout the implementation of a new Firmwide LMS.
The successful candidate will have significant experience performing the daily activities to maintain the Learning Management System. Key responsibilities include assisting training administrators and users, maintaining system standards, keeping the system up to date with eLearning content, class schedules, and managing training matrices. This position will also create and run reports, partner with our internal analytics staff to understand data trends, manage user permissions, and troubleshoot system and course issues.
- Provide governance, oversight, and general management of the LMS by communicating LMS policies and standards
- Drive the needs of the business into the application management protocols delivered by IT
- Provide guidance to business and system admins to ensure a consistent, high-quality approach is “standard operating procedure”
- Promote and ensure a consistent look and feel for all sites in the LMS (including adhering to brand standards)
- Train admins, faculty, and staff on essential functions of course uploading or creation
- Develop job-aides to assist users in key features of the LMS
- Maintain a well-thought out taxonomy (and overall organization) to make our LMS a highly-curated experience; includes developing metadata schemas tied to best-in-class reporting practices
- Manage content lifecycle from loading to end-of-life; work with IT and Learning leaders to keep content fresh and relevant; identifies redundant content
- Serve as a quality assurance checks-and-balance; aid in testing features and courses to ensure the best experience for attorneys and staff
- Assist in the development of user surveys and other feedback mechanisms; report findings to key stakeholders
- Research LMS trends and innovative opportunities
- Act as the point person for support and routing troubleshooting activities
- Assist in the development and execution of communication plans related to the implementation of new systems, enhancements, and/or process changes.
- Act as a bridge between the business problems and the technology solutions.
- Create presentations, plans meetings, Influences leadership, and advocates among stakeholders to drive needed change.
- Perform business analysis tasks to determine business needs, and in partnership with the HRIS team translate them to conceptual and technical system requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert in various system processes and workflows.
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by management such as supporting Learning or IT initiatives
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Coursework and/or certifications relating to learning management system administration preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of total experience, including 5+ years as an LMS Administrator with exposure to process analysis and continuous improvement methodology; or commensurate experience with similar learning systems and process implementations
- Strong project management, analytical and communication skills; ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues while learning new technologies quickly
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and test against those requirements.
- Strong presentation skills combined with a consultative mindset and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts in easy to understand terms.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining a proactive, creative approach and the ability to work "hands-on" as required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment while working work effectively with all levels of management, and across all Kirkland departments, offices and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.