Job ID: 5244
Updated: Dec 23, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, United States
Category: Administrative Support
About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Digital Services Coordinator is responsible for the daily coordination and processing of digital services and reprographics related projects, activities and requests within the Houston office. This position is responsible for responding to requests related to formatting, creating, printing and assembling necessary materials in a timely manner. He or She operates production MFD printers, scanners, copiers, binding machines and other digital services related equipment. Additionally, the Digital Services Coordinator will be responsible for completing various media duplication projects and requests using multi-unit media burners, including but not limited to, burn master CD/DVD of scanned images, creates CD/DVD from audio and video files and creates and applies custom labels to the disk(s). This position will also record accurate billing information for all completed work on a daily basis and maintain accurate reports, logs and measurements related to digital services and reprographics projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
• Receives, reviews, prioritizes and responds to digital services and reprographic related requests
• Operates production printers, scanners, copiers, binding machines and other digital services related equipment
• Completes various print and scan projects and requests using high-volume production MFDs and the Copitrak scanning platform; Prepares, scans and reassembles original documents
• Sends scanned image via email or desktop for processing, conversion, clean-up, naming and storage
• Converts file formats as required; Formats documents for printing
• Configures job processing software and applications to manage job queues, processes files and print jobs
• Completes various media duplication projects and requests using multi-unit media burners, including but not limited to, burn master CD/DVD of scanned images, creates CD/DVD from audio and video files and creates and applies custom labels to disk
• Assist internal departments such as Document Services, Client Services, Attorney Training, Recruiting and Development with formatting, creating, printing and assembling presentation, training, signage and display materials
OTHER FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
• Supports financial results by minimizing waste and rework, utilizing equipment and supplies in a costeffective manner
• Cross trains in all areas of production such as printing, copy, binding, cutting, drilling and folding
• Troubleshoots and maintains production equipment
• Performs quality control checks on print jobs including print quality, job alignment, paper stock and material used in the printing process
• Cleans and stocks department supplies as necessary
• Manages and stocks supplies for all Canon MFD equipment
• Delivers completed work requests to customers as required
• Records accurate billing information for all completed work on a daily basis
• Maintains accuracy of required reports, logs and measurements
• Performs duties and special requests as assigned by management
Qualifications & Requirements
The Digital Services Coordinator must be able to demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
• Applicants must be available to work the 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM shift.
• Associates degree or post-High school technical training preferred; High school diploma required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a production document processing environment
• Previous law firm copying/scanning/printing experience or knowledge of legal document processing
• Minimum of one (1) year direct customer service experience
• Computer literacy including technical familiarity with printing, imaging, Microsoft operating systems
• Ability to operate large centralized reprographic equipment
• Effectively communicate both verbally and in written format with customers and Firm staff
• Ability to lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds and spend long periods of time up to 2-4 hours standing
• Ability to work overtime as required by workload, staffing and customer need with little or no notice
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.