About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The .NET Applications Developer II is responsible for delivering custom business solutions using the Microsoft technology stack. He/she will perform analysis, design and implementation of solutions that satisfy Kirkland’s needs. The individual will lead and coordinate projects from a technology perspective, following SDLC activities and standards that are consistent with Kirkland best practices. The individual will drive the architecture and design of user interfaces, business objectives and overall infrastructure. This individual must be able to take high level direction, formulate a plan to achieve the goals and execute the plan.
Software applications are typically focused around the day-to-day business processes supporting legal and administrative staff. Job duties may include, but are not limited to research, evaluation, and recommendations of enabling technologies. Job responsibilities also include providing production support activities during non-business hours.
- Analyze, design, configure, develop and implement intermediate-level solutions to meet business needs and objectives.
- Work, as directed, with business owners, other IT teams, and vendors to create integrations both to/from vendors.
- Provide intermediate Level 3 support. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using intermediate analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Prepare project proposals and develop project plans. May lead small projects.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of current and future directions of business industry and associated technologies.
- Investigate and document present procedures as liaison with user departments.
- May develop and maintain application security, design and documentation according to legal compliance requirements.
- Effectively listens to understand and articulates technical and non-technical information (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and/or management in a one-on-one or team context with some oversight.
- Provides production support activities, including advanced technical writing.
- Documents small to medium scale projects with some supervision, and may be involved in developing and delivering presentations to aid in custom product development decision making.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and weigh best practices from other firms, analyzes input and use sound judgment.
- Provides manager with supporting information and recommendation for key decisions; demonstrates keen judgment in knowing when to escalate for approval. Follows all change management, and all required procedures, per documented Firm and IT policies and procedures.
- Involved in anticipating problem troubleshooting scenarios and analyzing ways in which to avoid the problem completely or greatly mitigate its risk. The goal is to minimize the trade-offs between cost containment and/or timeliness of service so that both are somewhat achievable.
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and in the Firm.
- Recognized as a positive, full engaged, highly responsive and effective team member. Recognizes and Defuses complex interpersonal issues effectively while managing customer expectations. Sets follow up steps in accordance with best practices.
- Negotiates skillfully and compromises in very difficult situations to build relationships internally and externally for the team.
- Manages organizational development by dissecting complex situations and refocusing on the most critical technology tasks.
- Contributes through technical expertise/professional experience in solving problems and/or delivering on opportunities facing the team or group.
- Provides feedback to management on strategic recommendations. Fosters environment of innovation and change.
- Aligns changes with the organization's strategic direction and objectives and customer expectations.
- Recognizes the scope of problems and understands the impact of changes on others.
- Identifies short and long-range organizational needs.
- Creates a clear focus on internal and external customer needs.
- Promotes cooperation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the application of the Firm’s project management and software development (SDLC) methodology.
- Reports on progress and project milestones.
- Frequently updates teams and management via formal presentations.
- Focuses on outcomes and achieves results.
- Strong and growing knowledge of and experience with at least one technology (e.g., architecture, design).
- Understands multiple projects in order to integrate them into business solutions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred in mechanical, computer, or electrical engineering discipline.
- 6 plus years of software development experience with 5 plus years of web-based software development in .NET technologies (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server).
- Prior experience with ASP.NET MVC (versions 3 and up), WCF, jQuery, HTML5/CSS3, responsive design, Entity Framework, and Dependency Injection frameworks are desired.
- Should have strong understanding of SOA, TDD, SOLID principles, and systems architecture concepts. Must be familiar with agile or other iterative development methodologies.
- Must possess requirement and component level estimation, database design and development skills.
- A strong desire to stay current on development best practices using emerging technologies and industry trends.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment while building positive working relationships.
- In addition, candidate must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands on time and attention.
- Experience in a law firm or global professional services environment preferred.
- Knowledge of SharePoint development is a plus.
- Knowledge of K2 platform is a plus.
- Must understand Microsoft Windows Operating system architecture
- Must understand Microsoft Windows Office System
- Ability to participate in all aspects of application SDLC including Agile methodologies
- Must have experience the Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Must participate in daily team scrums and code reviews
- Must understand Microsoft SQL Server
Current K&E Technologies
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server / VSTS
- .NET Framework, ASP.Net, Web services, Web API
- C#, VB.Net, JQuery, LINQ, HTML5, CSS3
- SQL Server
- MVC Framework
- Entity Framework
- Windows Communication Foundation
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and N-Tier Architecture.
- Advanced Awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle and development methodology (i.e. Scrum Agile)
Nice to have:
- SharePoint Development
- Knowledge of K2 platform
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.