About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Investment Partnership Transactional and Reporting Analyst is a member of the Investment Partnerships group who is responsible for the administration and and recordkeeping of the Firm’s Investment Partnerships. The analyst will work directly with senior managers and partners of the Firm. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the timely payments of capital call obligations (approximately 75+ transactions per week) and distributions of proceeds from realized investments to investors (approximately 50+ transactions per week)
- Cash planning and bank account reconciliation support (approximately 900+ transactions per month)
- Record investments and investors in the Investment Partnership Group’s database (“EquityWorks”)
- Log capital calls and distributions to sub-ventures into EquityWorks including reconciliation of capital account statements (confirming life-to-date contributions and distributions)
- Monitor investor capital call balances and reconcile Firm payment records with investors
- Collect funds from investors to meet capital calls; for payments not received, coordinate with partner payroll team to deduct from partners’ monthly payments
- Coordinate the documentation to open 12+ bank accounts per year
- Communicate directly with investors to provide transactional data, cash planning, and tax estimates upon request
- Review, enter, and calculate quarterly capital account balances for approximately 1,000+ investments
- Prepare detailed quarterly individual investor summary reports for approximately 1,000 investors
- Calculate quarterly fund and participant level IRRs and multiples and comparable public market IRRs and multiples
- Review, reconcile, and analyze tax reporting (primarily K-1s) and preparation of supplemental tax reporting for 1,000+ investments
- Calculate quarterly tax withholding estimates for up to 100 non-U.S. investors and prepare the appropriate tax returns
- Analyze conflict of interest related matters associated with the investments including collection of ethics rule letters
- Reconcile transfers of interest
- Prepare detailed technical project descriptions, monitor progress, testing, and implementation of various reports and communications
- Validate of data, test reporting and new features in connection with database implementations, customizations, and upgrades
- Document processes and procedures
- Ad hoc research and analysis
Qualifications & Requirements
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years of relevant investor/client relations and accounting/reporting experience in a private equity firm, brokerage house, or private funds group in a law firm, showing progressive growth in responsibilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or related fields (or comparable experience) is required. A thorough knowledge of accounting principles and methods of accounting analysis are essential. Candidate must have strong analytical, organizational, research, and written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Word with some experience with general accounting software and database software is essential. An existing understanding of relational database concepts is a plus.
- The candidate must be self-starting, proactive, self-confident, organized, and a team player who can also work independently and sometimes assertively. The ability to work with all professional levels is necessary.
- The candidate must have a strong customer service orientation and a commitment to excellence
- MS Office with emphasis on Excel skills
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.