About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Global IT Service Desk is responsible for providing premium, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week call center and email support to all Attorneys, Legal Assistants and support staff and administrative personnel in regards to technology-related issues and requests. The Service Desk Analyst II position will receive the majority (90-95%) of incoming requests for assistance via telephone and email. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fielding Service Desk calls; resolving approximately 75% of problems upon first contact and referring advanced problems and requests to the appropriate technicians.
- Tracking customer calls and recording detailed and accurate information in Service Desk issue tracking system in a timely manner.
- Monitoring tickets entered into the Service Desk issue tracking system; following up with referral technician and contacting user after resolution for quality control purposes.
- Fulfilling customer requests in timely and highly customer-service oriented manner.
- Participating in training and working to develop and maintain top knowledge in existing and new technologies to provide most effective support for callers.
- Following the Firm’s established Policies, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines in delivering service to the users; utilizing ‘best practice’ documentation, proper escalation procedures, etcetera.
- Handling other tasks and projects as required for supporting the overall operations of the Service Desk
- Excellent communication skills, is able to develop tactical plans with frequent oversight by supervisor level or higher.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, brings conflicts & disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them collaboratively.
- Ability to identify issues and recognize possible patterns.
- Investigate and compare data from different resources and take a pro-active approach to quick resolution of issues while keeping manager abreast of situation.
- Recognized as a positive & motivational leader for the team.
- Has good decision making skills, based upon mixture of seeking input from others, analyzing input & using sound judgment.
- Work well with others in a team environment, share responsibilities and offer assistance to others during slow periods.
- Consistently model the highest level of excellent customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective, courteous relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Excellent judgment in assessing user issues; Expert level trouble-shooting methodology.
- Ability to work to the best resolution either through own knowledge or proper, timely escalation.
- Proficiency in OS and core application suite; including the Microsoft Suite and various Kirkland applications.
- Proficiency in Remote Computing and Citrix experience.
- Excellent PC troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive experience with iOS setup and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate Networking including wireless experience.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Voice over IP (VOIP) telephone systems.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to help other team members on difficult issues.
- Documents new findings/solutions.
- Adheres to use of call ticketing system for each and every incident (e.g. request, issues, etc.).
- Understands and follows ticket ownership guidelines and system usage.
- Solid ability to research information through internal and external sources.
- Adheres to written procedures, checklists and all quality control associated with project rollouts.
- Participates in on-call and overtime on an as needed basis
Qualifications & Requirements
The candidate must have strong analytical skills and the ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. In addition to demonstrating considerable experience in the areas of responsibility listed above, the successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in providing prompt, professional and courteous services on all customer requests, problems, and queries. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, must show strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and will have the ability to be process-oriented yet flexible. The candidate must be able to interact with individuals in all levels of the Firm’s business. He or she must be able to work well with other technical teams to provide troubleshooting steps to aid in resolution of desktop computing issues.
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in a professional services environment, law firm experience preferable.
- Team lead level experience or above is preferred.
- A+ and/or Microsoft certification are desirable.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills and will have the ability to be process-oriented yet flexible.
- Document Management
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation
- Remote Computing
- PDA devices
- Windows Operating System
- Firm administrative systems
- Trouble ticketing database/Knowledge base
- Automated Call Distribution System
Current K&E Technologies
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Windows 2010
- Microsoft Office 2016 Suite
- iManage DeskSite and FileSite
- Citrix /VPN
- Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication
- ITSM Ticket Management System
- Lenovo laptops and desktops
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.