About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Senior Financial Analyst will apply analysis and modeling techniques to provide senior management with detailed information related to the Firm’s financial performance, business operations, strategic plans, and critical financial management issues, with a specific focus on compensation analysis. This position will involve synthesizing financial information and trends in order to make recommendations for action. The Senior Financial Analyst will work directly with senior management and partners of the Firm.
- Support key strategic initiatives of the Firm with financial modeling, data mining, and analyses. These activities require the individual to identify, extract, and summarize information from multiple sources for specialized Firm and client reporting needs, such as:
- attorney compensation review and analysis
- financial presentations for the annual partner meetings
- diversity and pro bono initiatives
- completing/reviewing survey submissions
- analyzing industry data from completed survey reports
- ad hoc client/engagement analyses relating to hours, billings, and collections
- Provide reporting and analytic support required for the Attorney Review Process (SP, NSP, OC and AS).
- Design custom analyses, vetting the results, and analyzing the impacts on the Firm’s pricing and cost structures. These analyses would encompass fee arrangements, attorney compensation, and client realization levels.
- Meet established/on-going departmental procedures and reporting requirements, such as monitoring and analyzing Fee Arrangements, preparing reports for committees, the CFO, and other members of senior management.
- Develop innovative analytical approaches to address information requests, enhance process efficiency, support new initiatives, and/or more accurately reflect changing business elements.
- Prepare impactful visual presentations of complex data to facilitate decision making.
- Actively participate in/contribute to system and process re-engineering efforts; recognize/assess the downstream impacts of process changes.
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least 6 years of experience in accounting and/or finance, showing progressive growth in responsibilities. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or comparable experience) is required. CPA status or an MBA is desirable.
- Previous compensation reporting and analytics experience in a law/professional services firm is desired.
- Strong accounting, analytical, research, and conceptual thinking skills are required. The ability to work with intricate data, while maintaining an awareness of the overall objective and how all the relevant data points fit together is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required and the individual must be proactive and results oriented. Attention to detail and the eagerness to learn and to progress within a dynamic and growing environment are imperative. Individuals are expected to exhibit strong customer service skills and a commitment to excellence. Must possess the ability to work under high-pressure/tight deadlines.
- Candidates should possess strong written and oral communication skills in order to clearly and concisely summarize observations, conclusions, and recommendations. The successful candidate will be capable of working with all levels of Firm personnel, both as part of a team and independently.
- MS Office with emphasis on Advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint presentation experience; knowledge of SQL a plus
- General accounting software and database software, with an existing understanding of relational database concepts
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.