About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
Reports to the Facilities/Guest Services Manager for the Los Angeles offices. This position will take place in Century City.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Under direct supervision, supports the delivery of quality service to clients and firm personnel by performing general repairs and maintenance to the office premises, furniture and equipment; providing administrative support to the Facilities/Guest Services Services Manager; assisting with coordination of office moves; assisting with the implementation of safety and security programs; assisting the Purchasing Supervisor; providing support for the General Services, Reprographics and Conference Center Departments; and working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions include those set forth below. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job. There may be occasional requirements to adjust work hours by coming in early, staying late, or delaying lunch breaks in order to provide coverage. Occasional overtime will be required.
- Provides Administrative Assistance to Facilities/Guest Services Manager:
- Performs general administrative duties such as answering phones, filing, scheduling meetings, preparing expense reports and check requests, preparing correspondence and spreadsheets.
- Assists the Facilities/Guest Services Manager with scheduling service with HVAC, carpet, painting, security and all other facilities-related vendors based on service agreements.
- Assists the Facilities/Guest Services Manager with maintaining insurance documentation, current service agreements and specific building requirements for all contractors and vendors.
2. Maintains Office Premises, Furniture, Artwork and Equipment:
- Performs general maintenance and repairs to the offices premises, furniture and equipment; notifies the Facilities/Guest Services Manager if outside repair service may be required. Ensures that office’s plants are properly maintained.
- Maintains furniture and artwork inventory and tracking system.
- Conducts routine office and premises inspections with Facilities/Guest Services Manager after repair services.
3. Provides back up preparation of Offices and Workstations for New Hires
- Assists in preparation of offices and workstations with General Services, Records and IT Departments for interoffice relocations and new hires under direction of Facilities/Guest Services Manager.
- Conducts an inspection with Facilities/Guest Services Manager of offices and workstations for new employees before they are scheduled to arrive, ensuring that the office or workstation is clean and properly stocked, and using the designated checklist to be sure that all steps are completed.
- Conducts an inspection with Facilities/Guest Services Manager of offices and workstation for departing employees before their scheduled departure, ensuring that any repair to damage or maintenance is scheduled.
- Maintains records of security access badges and keys upon arrival and departure.
4. Assists with Office Moves:
- Works with the Facilities/Guest Services Manager to understand scope and details of intra-office moves.
- Assists with packing and unpacking as required; provides boxes, shred or recycle bins to office personnel involved in office moves.
- Assists in moving boxes, small pieces of furniture, and office equipment; assists in providing guidance to outside movers as assigned.
5. Assists with Office Safety and Security
- Assists the Facilities/Guest Services Manager in implementing the firm’s safety and security procedures; serves as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Is knowledgeable regarding the building’s emergency response procedures, ensures that all fire exits remain clear and unblocked at all times, ensures that boxes are not piled up inappropriately in corridors, knows the location of and how to use the office’s fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
- Purchases and maintains inventory and tracking system of emergency cabinet supplies and individual emergency packs.
- Maintains an inventory of all office keys.
6. Provides Back-Up for Conference Room and Catering Services
- Provides back-up support for Receptionists.
- Maintains and cleans conference rooms, kitchen, pantry lunchroom, and visitor offices; restocks supplies as needed.
- Sets up conference rooms for meetings and events, including beverages, meals, and coordinate with the IT Department for audio-visual equipment in accordance with the requirements stated on the conference/catering reservation; cleans and restocks the conference rooms promptly after meetings.
- Coordinates daily beverage and catering requirements.
7. Works Cooperatively and Collaboratively with Others:
- Provides support to Purchasing Supervisor.
- Provides pro-active and responsive customer service in compliance with the General Services Department Service Standards and Operating Procedures.
- Works cooperatively with other General Services and Reprographics Department staff and other firm personnel.
8. Other Related Duties:
- Prepares invoices for approval and payment; reconciles invoices for accounts payable.
- Prepares reports based on specific facilities-related data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Experience: At least two years of prior office experience is required; at least one year of prior facilities experience and prior law firm experience desirable.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective communication skills and the ability to follow instructions
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and to act quickly while remaining calm and polite
- Proficiency in setting up audio-visual equipment
- Proficiency in using a computer for data entry and e-mail
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments concurrently
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a telephone, computer keyboard and mouse; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, as well as to lift, carry or push objects such as boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, including moderate noise level, an indoor temperate environment, and light levels that are bright and conducive to minimal eye strain, typical for an office environment.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.