About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Manager of the Database Architecture & Business Intelligence Engineering team will be responsible for managing the strategy for the enterprise's database systems, overall data base architecture, working with departments and areas to shape and define the overall business analytics and data base strategy and roadmap. In this role, the Manager will be responsible for selecting and implementing advanced statistics, methods, and tools that enable a new level of clarity into metrics and trends by gathering data across multiple sources. The Manager will also be responsible for managing the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the Business Intelligence Reporting environment, and support the integration of those systems with other applications. The data provided by this team will assist business teams to drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience and business results.
This position has a leadership role in all Business Intelligence projects and efforts and will coordinate efforts between IT and various business units.
- Team with the Practice Groups and Departments in developing the overall BI strategy and educate those teams in the effective use of BI tools and resulting data base structures.
- Manage the design and implementation of reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources.
- Manage, direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools.
- Develop predictive modelling and trend analysis tools using advanced statistics that anticipate firm needs and answers, and provide real-time answers to those questions.
- Teach how to and assist in the development of insightful dashboards and tools that management can use to produce informed business decisions. Leverage reporting/metrics dashboards, presentations, graphics & reports to give visual representation to key business data.
- Develop and automate data sets for the purpose of data mining and analysis, leveraging exploratory data analysis, predictive analytics, and data visualization.
- Understand and extract meaning from complex data relationships and develop reports to enable effective use of the resulting knowledge.
- Collaborates with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements and implement appropriate solutions.
- Determines design strategy and provides systems design in a specialized and highly complex area.
- Drives selection of data management tools, and the development of standards, usage guidelines and procedures for those tools collaborating with peer architects.
- Provides direction on direct staff's project involvement and responsibilities; ensures that project work results in high quality applications are being delivered.
- Works with application software vendors to maintain database road maps and resolve critical issues.
- Collaborate with business users in designing and implementing analytics to help them interpret their data in order to make better business decisions.
- Adhere to the Firm’s IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Adhere to the Firm’s Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Gather information, design, develop, test and implement high-quality, user-friendly solutions to meet the Firm’s goals and strategic objectives.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master/MBA preferred. Concentration in math, statistics, computer science, information management, or equivalent experience in a related field. Require 7-15 years of analytical experience in similar setting, law firm or professional services strongly preferred.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, project management and change management experience, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Skilled in getting things done and overcoming obstacles to reach the goal. The ability to work effectively with all levels of management, and across all Kirkland departments and offices, is required.
- Significant skills in advanced data analytics and statistic tools (SSRS and otherwise), data query languages including SQL, and BI Tools. Broad exposure to navigating the aggregation of various large data sets for purpose of analysis.
- Strong ability to pull data from numerous sources and to create presentations for all levels of management. Ability to use data mining and analysis to compile and creatively display data. Ability to leverage presentation skills and visual tools to extract data and tell a story at various levels or audiences.
- Ability to extrapolate big ideas from data analysis, identify the “why” in their work, serve as a subject matter expert, partner across internal teams, and have a natural ability to lead.
- Business Intelligence software tools
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Windows Server and desktop operating environments
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.