About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
Financial Analysts work as a team and as a group and are responsible for the analysis and recordkeeping of the Firm’s Special Fee Arrangement matters, client accommodations, practice profitability analysis, billing rate management. They also assist with attorney compensation models, client business analysis, and pro bono and diversity reporting. Analysts work directly with senior managers and partners of the Firm.
- Monitor and analyze profitability on all Special Fee Arrangement (SFA) matters
- Prepare SFA profitability reports for Firm management committees and senior managers
- Communicate with partners regarding the results of their individual SFA matters
- Analyze client billing arrangements and proactively work with billing partners and the billing staff to ensure that the correct rates are in place for all matters
- Analyze attorney compensation proposals and their impact on the Firm’s billing rate and cost structures
- Participate in special analysis projects impacting all aspects of the Firm’s business, both internal and client related, e.g., profitability and resource allocation analysis, risk management issues, etc.
- Prepare data downloads and analyze client billing and payment transactions
- Work with revenue management staff to assess client payment patterns and profitability
- Develop schedules and reports to evaluate client realization levels
- Prepare survey submissions and analyze industry data from the completed survey reports
- Assign and audit firm-wide billing rates
- Assist in preparation of financial schedules for the annual partner meetings
- Analyze and coordinate the Firm’s diversity reporting to clients
- Manage reporting of the Firm’s pro bono initiatives working directly with partners who are the pro bono coordinators in each office
- Other related duties as required
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting and/or finance, showing progressive growth in responsibilities. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or comparable experience) is required. Previous experience in a professional services firm, preferably in a law firm, is desired.
- Strong accounting, analytical, research, and conceptual thinking skills are required. The ability to work with intricate data, while maintaining an awareness of the overall objective and how all the relevant data points fit together is critical.
- The candidate must have the ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting firm deadlines and be capable of working with all levels of Firm personnel, both as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required and the individual must be proactive and results oriented. Attention to detail and the eagerness to learn and to progress within a dynamic and growing environment are imperative. Individuals are expected to exhibit strong customer service skills and a commitment to excellence.
- Candidates should possess strong written and oral communication skills in order to clearly and concisely summarize observations, conclusions, and recommendations.
- MS Office with emphasis on Advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint presentation experience
- General accounting software and database software, with an existing understanding of relational database concepts
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.