About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Good judgment in assessing user issues; intermediate trouble-shooting methodology.
- Ability to work to the best resolution either through own knowledge or proper, timely escalation.
- Proficiency in OS and core application suite; including the Microsoft Suite and various Kirkland applications.
- Some Remote Computing and Citrix experience.
- PC troubleshooting skills.
- Some experience with BlackBerry and IOS setup and troubleshooting.
- Basic Networking including wireless experience.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Voice over IP (VOIP) telephone systems.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to help other team members on difficult issues.
- Documents new findings/solutions.
- Adheres to use of call ticketing system for each and every incident (e.g. request, issues, etc.).
- Understands and follows ticket ownership guidelines and system usage.
- Solid ability to research information through internal and external sources.
- Adheres to written procedures, checklists and all quality control associated with project rollouts.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Education. Computer Science or Technical Degree
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience in a professional environment
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Microsoft : Office Suite
- Mobility Tracking - Corporate Devices, feature changes, plan changes via carrier portals
- A/V - Assist with setting up video conference calls, audio calls, and also tracking of meetings for database update.
- Inventory Control - Tracking of deployed inventory and assisting with quarterly e-waste events.
- Avaya - Assist CH Telecom with troubleshooting local phone issues, logging in guests to use phones, cleaning and maintaining hardware in guest locations.
- HP Printers - Interact with current preventative maintenance (PM) vendor for quarterly PM review.
- Samsung Printers - Assist with swaps of secretarial hardware when needed, collect deployed guest hardware and return to inventory.
- MFA - Remote Access apps and support. Support Training department on new hire training days with PIN setups.
- WinMagic - unlock laptop hard drives when collected
- Hardware deployment - Reimage and inventory hardware (laptops / desktops) as required. Assist with QC process after reimage.
- Citrix - Assist users with basic connection to remote access.
- KESM - Internal database used to track our service requests and incidents. Also is used for software / hardware catalog information (escalation teams) and knowledgebase searches.
- Ad hoc projects - Some are Firmwide and others are local.
Current K&E Technologies
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- A+ - In process of pursuring A+ is acceptable.
- Microsoft certification is a plus.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.