About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Kirkland & Ellis General Services/Conference Center Assistant provides exceptional customer service to attorneys and staff in its Dallas office and must demonstrate professional telephone etiquette, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The General Services/Conference Center Assistant will perform a variety of functions to support the delivery of superior client service and efficient operation of the office in the areas of Conference Center, General Services, and Reprographics. The ability to communicate with all levels of employees across all offices, and handle multiple simultaneous tasks well under pressure is essential. They should have knowledge of scanning and imaging practices as well as experience in a networked production copy/print environment. The candidate must be organized and able to meet deadlines in an environment with constantly shifting priorities. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and e-mail, preferably Outlook, is required, as well as a working knowledge using and troubleshooting Xerox and Canon copier equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Conference Center:
- Answer incoming calls and transfer within the Firm and to outside numbers using the SDC system.
- Assign offices to visiting attorneys and clients paying attention and noting all details including technology, secretarial assistance, and supply needs, as well as any and all other important information.
- Greet guests and walk them to the appropriate conference room, attorney’s office, or visitor office.
- Reserve meeting space by using EMS conference booking software, noting all details including technology, A/V, catering, supplies and other support needs.
- Arrange for all catering needs by acting as a liaison between outside catering staff and the person making the reservation to ensure proper food order, delivery time, and charges. Educate requesters on meal, snack, and beverage service types, as well as special event types and pricing for each.
- Order cars for attorneys and clients, as needed.
- Add guest names to building security website to allow entry to the building to outside guests. Arrange for temporary internal IDs for visiting attorneys.
- Be the single point of contact for all calls - act as the information ’hub’ of the office, knowing where to transfer people and what departments can help service each request.
- Know what is going on in each conference room at all times and help direct callers and visitors to each.
- Perform any other tasks that are needed by anyone who asks, whether in a conference room or visiting attorney office.
- Reception Coverage:
- First point of contact for all visitors to the conference center which includes greeting guests, clients and K&E personnel in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner; greeting interview candidates and assist with park verification for all guests.
- Directs incoming telephone calls and messages; promptly answers telephone calls to the main console and appropriately directs callers; responds to email and office correspondence in a timely manner; completes correspondence duties in a professional, cheerful and helpful demeanor
- Assist visiting attorneys with requests such as secretarial support, car services, messenger services, and after-hours meal requests and includes assisting visitors to the conference center with light secretarial duties, i.e., printing, copying, faxing, etc. if necessary
- Control security access functions by verifying employee identification, issuing visitor passes, and by observing and reporting any unusual or suspicious persons or activities
- Submit maintenance and after-hours’ requests to the building as needed
- Monitor #DA General Services and #DA Conference Center mailboxes for all general and conference center-related requests; execute requests accordingly or redirect to appropriate individuals (#DA Reprographics, #DA Tech, etc.)
- General Services (as necessary):
- Operating multi-functional copiers to complete duplicating, scanning, and printing requests.
- Operating binding and finishing equipment including GBC spiral and wire binding, Velo binding, 3-hole drill, and electronic cutter.
- Completing weekly inventory of office supplies and copy paper.
- Processing purchase orders.
- Sorting and distributing mail, stocking office supplies, and receiving courier packages at dock.
- Coordinating maintenance activities (paint, carpet, kitchens, restrooms, trash, light check, nameplates).
- Assisting with office moves, equipment delivery, box moves, hanging of pictures and other wall dcor, and new hire set-up.
- Setting up and maintaining conference rooms for scheduled meetings when required.
- Maintaining common areas and performing routine clean-up within the office space.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by management
Qualifications & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational skills, commitment to quality, attention to detail, and the ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, a professional demeanor and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds and stand and/or walk for extended periods.
- Previous law firm copying/scanning/printing experience or knowledge of legal document processing needs is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work overtime is required.
- Associates degree or post-high school technical training preferred; high school diploma required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.