About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze and present investment opportunities to the Investment Management Committee with a special attention to track record and terms
- Review private placement memorandums and limited partnership agreements
- Summarize and prepare offering materials for distribution to potential investors and collect commitments to such investments
- Prepare, review, and track status of investor subscription documents for new investments, including Anti-Money Laundering/"Know Your Client" information packets
- Analyze and present amendments and sale contracts to the Investment Management Committee
- Document Investment Management Committee decisions related to making investments, the size of investments, action with respect to amendments, and sales of investments
- Coordinate and/or review certain state and SEC filings
- Analyze commitment spending for presentation to the Investment Management Committee
- Prepare investment summaries for conflicts of interest related matters including attention to ethics-related disclosures and waivers
- In collaboration with the Investment Partnerships Senior Manager, provide mentoring to Investment Partnerships analysts to ensure appropriate skills and competencies are developed.
- Ad hoc research and analysis
- Periodic report development and coordinate enhancements to the Investment Partnership Group’s database, EquityWorks
Qualifications & Requirements
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years of relevant experience with private equity or private funds in a law firm, investor/client relations, and/or accounting/reporting of private investments/funds in a private equity firm or brokerage house, showing progressive growth in responsibilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or related fields (or comparable experience) is required. Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and methods of accounting analysis are essential.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, organizational, research, and written and verbal communication skills. A familiarity with Private Placement Memorandums and Limited Partnership Agreements and superior professional writing skills are required.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Word with some experience with general accounting software and database software is essential. An existing understanding of relational database concepts is a plus.
- The candidate must be self-starting, proactive, self-confident, organized, and a team player who can also work independently and sometimes assertively. The candidate must have a strong customer service orientation, good people skills, and a commitment to excellence.
- MS Office with emphasis on Excel skills
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.