About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Security Policy Engineer serves on the Governance, Risk Compliance (GRC) team, acts as a subject matter expert for Information Security (consulting to technical and non-technical management and the user community), and performs key risk management functions within the Security Governance department. Primary functions include lifecycle management of client responses, Vendor Risk program management, policy and standards lifecycle management, and GRC platform and program management.
Summary of Duties:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Information Security, consulting to technical management (serving on project teams, discussing application and systems architectures, etc), non-technical management (educating the user community on information security) and attorneys (e.g. litigation-related technical education) as necessary.
- Manage and support GRC technology and Security Governance solutions. Create and maintain system, procedural and support documentation.
- Manage and support the 3rd Party Security Vendor Risk Management program and lifecycle.
- Document and perform Risk Assessments for third-parties (e.g., vendors and service providers). Respond to security assessments, questionnaires and audits from clients and third-party business partners.
- Create and maintain security policies, standards, processes and guidelines for approval by Firm management. Evaluate exception requests and make approval recommendations to management.
- Security Awareness: assist in coordination of the program, including development of awareness content, scheduling of awareness activities and measuring progress of the program.
- Vulnerability Management: collect information on emerging threats including software vulnerabilities. Coordinate triage of and response to vulnerability information. Disseminate this information regularly to firm staff and management as appropriate.
- Participate in long-term strategy and planning for Information Security
Qualifications & Requirements
Relevant Training and Certifications:
- Preferred candidate will have one or more of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or other relevant training and certifications
- GRC tool management: Administration, Engineering or both
- Ability to perform as primary Security SME.
- Ability to facilitate project and vendor risk assessments with relative independence and provide guidance on secure design and operation.
- Ability to complete and assist in completing client security questionnaires and security assessments concerning the Firm’s security program and controls.
- Ability to communicate an effective security awareness message throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate ability to create and maintain security policy, standard, guideline and procedure documents.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate deeply technical topics at an appropriate level of detail to varied audiences - including IT Subject Matter Experts, senior management and non-technical users
- Strong knowledge on Security frameworks and technologies such as ISO 27001, NIST, SOC, SIG
- Experience (Administration or Engineering) in GRC platforms
Core Security Technologies
- Broad awareness of and exposure to diverse security tools and their capabilities, including commercial and open-source options.
- Strong knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of security administration and role-based security controls.
- Strong knowledge and use of GRC platforms.
- Knowledge of host and network-based anti-malware technologies.
- Knowledge of authentication technologies and interactions between diverse authentication platforms, both on-site and remote.
- Knowledge of client and server firewalling technologies, including configuration and administration.
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Prevention solutions, including configuration and administration.
- Knowledge of security event management (SIEM), event correlation and analysis technologies.
- Knowledge of data encryption technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of web filtering and email SPAM prevention techniques.
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and forensic investigations tools.
- Knowledge of mobile device security and Mobile Device Management solutions
- Knowledge of Privileged Access Management technologies
Relevant Security Technologies
- Windows Authentication and Active Directory integration
- Anti-Malware and AEP technologies
- Security Incident and Event Management
- Web Filtering
- Vulnerability management tools
- Mobile Device Management
- Privileged Access Management
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.