About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and alternative asset management; restructurings; high-stakes commercial and intellectual property litigation; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,500 lawyers) operating from 20 offices across the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
The Senior Analyst – Data Management play a pivotal data capability enablement role within the newly formed Data Governance Solutions group. This group serves as the technology enablement partner (defining the “How”) of the business data governance team (defining the “What”).
This individual will provide technical / operational support in the areas of metadata management, data lineage maintenance, reference data management and data quality management. They will serve as the IT custodian of the enterprise reference data platform executing IT data management procedures in alignment with data governance policies and standards. This individual will also be expected to execute platform / product management responsibilities including user administration, functional and technical configuration, and coordinating maintenance and enhancement activities with the in-house application/PROD ops. and platform vendor teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Work with the business data governance team, IT data custodians, data domain and application owners to map business-owned terms, definitions, and attributes to underlying technical metadata – applications, databases, schemas, tables, fields, etc.
- Automate processes to scan and ingest technical metadata into the platform and link up with business metadata
- Support the administration of enterprise DG tools (MDM/RDM, Data Catalog) including UI configuration, user access, etc.
- Support the backend / technical configuration of DG tools including connectivity of metadata platforms to applications and underlying databases, configuration / update to DQ and MDM tool data structures, etc.
- Collaborate with application and data architecture teams to analyze the data landscape develop an inventory of authoritative internal and external data sources
- Support the identification of high priority / high business value data profiling and quality monitoring opportunities
- Support discussions with impacted data stakeholders to raise, validate, assess for impact, triage, and prioritize data issues
- Facilitate and drive remediation discussions with business and technology data owners to perform root cause analyses, and define and coordinate execution of strategic and short-term / work around remediation plans
- Collaborate with the business data governance team to collect Data Governance & Management visualization requirements (Data Quality metrics / dashboards, Data issue remediation metrics / dashboards)
- Collaborate with vendor product engineering teams to enhance tool configuration and capabilities and implement new features to continuously improve the firm’s data management automation capabilities
- Configure and implement the data lineage tool to automatically scan for and ingest technical metadata across on-prem and cloud data assets and integration mechanisms to create and expand on the lineage baseline
- Drive the configuration of data lineage tool to enable visualization / summarization of data flows at the element, table, schema, and application levels
- Leverage the output of data lineage activities to develop and maintain the authoritative data asset inventory, and inform the enterprise architecture of data redundancies and integration chokepoints for strategic remediation
- Support and evangelize all policies and processes as determined by the Data Governance team, in consultation with the Data Governance Council
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably, in data analytics, computer science, engineering, information sciences or equivalent field
- 7+ years of experience across data governance and management disciplines, including but not limited to, master and reference data management, data lineage development, data source analysis and profiling, authoritative data identification, and data quality management
- 4+ years of hands-on experience as a data governance specialist or a similar role with data governance platforms and tools such as Profisee, IBM IGC, Informatica, Talend, Collibra, etc.
- Excellent data analysis skills including executing SQL queries, analysis / modeling in Excel, etc.
- Excellent written communication skills including development of design specification documents, data flow diagrams, process models / decision trees, power point storyboards, executive summaries, succinct meeting minutes, etc.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – fact-based storytelling with data
- Hands-on technical experience with MDM platforms such as Profisee, Informatica, IBM MDM Server, etc
- Big 4 or equivalent technology consulting experience
- Master’s degree / MBA
- Prior data modeling and architecture experience
- Prior data integration design and development experience (ETL, API integration, etc.) working across cloud and on-prem data environments
- Experience executing project or program management responsibilities including development of project charters, implementation planning, dependency management, scope/cost/schedule management, etc.
- Legal or professional services industry experience
- MDM platforms such as Informatica, Profisee, etc.
- Data lineage tools such as Collibra, Manta, IBM IGC etc.
- Data catalog or metadata platforms such as Talend, Alation, Collibra, etc.
- Data Quality profiling, monitoring, and reporting toolsets such as Informatica, IBM Info. Analyzer, etc.
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- PMP is a plus
- Other industry-recognized data governance / management certifications
- MDM vendor / platform certifications
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm. #LI-Hybrid #LI-JN1