About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and alternative asset management; restructurings; high-stakes commercial and intellectual property litigation; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,500 lawyers) operating from 20 offices across the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
- This position uses technical guidance and engineering best practices to oversee or perform the design, development, build, configuration and testing of Salesforce Sales Cloud. The Senior Application Engineer provides a deep understanding of Salesforce Sales Cloud and CRM and how they are being used and integrated internally and externally. This position requires a blend of functional understanding with technical proficiency to deliver leadership, guidance and innovative solutions to meet the business needs of our organization. The position is responsible for building, maintaining, upgrading, and continuously improving Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- Provide Level 3 operational or systematic support and maintenance for the Firm’s Salesforce Sales Cloud and other Firm applications (as applicable). Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Evaluate and implement third-party cloud solutions and/or features based on the business needs.
- Gather requirements, design, develop, test and implement high-quality, user-friendly solutions to meet the Firm’s goals and strategic objectives.
- Solve or recommend solutions for complex issues and problems.
- Integrate on-prem and cloud data sources with SaaS and on-prem applications to create seamless and efficient solutions.
- Develop and maintain procedural and configuration documentation for administered systems.
- The position will be instrumental in systems support, and actively managing relationships with various non-IT business departments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors and vendor developers, guiding them through the Firm’s technology, security, and risk best practices to enhance and develop their products.
- Serve as the technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Salesforce Sales Cloud and any other applications in scope.
- Testing, and deploying application solutions using various cloud platforms and technologies.
- Implementing and enforcing risk policies and standards, security policies and standards, and best practices for cloud, hybrid on on-premises environments.
- Identifying and mitigating risks and threats to the cloud, hybrid, and on-premises systems.
- Providing technical support and guidance to other teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to business users.
- Adhere to the Firm’s IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and configuration documentation for administered systems.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Applications team.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- The Senior Applications Engineer must have a BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 7+ years’ experience of application support/configuration in Salesforce Sales Cloud
- 2+ years with Cloud technologies (Azure preferred)
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships. In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Experience with SQL, including stored procedures, functions and triggers is required.
- Proactive in escalating issues and pulling in support from other technical experts as required.
- Ability to train and guide junior software developers/analysts.
- Embrace a nimble mindset and adapt quickly to changing requirements and goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Staying updated with the latest trend and developments in Salesforce and the cloud
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with little direction/supervision.
- Familiarity with various cloud platforms and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Windows Server and Desktop operating system environments.
This job currently operates remotely. A high-speed internet connection is required to connect to our systems. At an undetermined point in the future, we may once again be required to work in a professional office environment.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm. #LI-Hybrid #LI-LW1
Talemetry Abbreviated Job Desc
The Senior Application Engineer provides a deep understanding of Salesforce Sales Cloud and CRM and how they are being used and integrated internally and externally.