About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,500+ lawyers) operating from 19 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
The Litigation & Practice Technology (LPT) Senior Analyst reports to the Associate Director (or designee) and will work directly with LPT Project Managers, operations colleagues and case team members to complete work related to data and database management, document reviews and productions, troubleshooting and application testing, hardware requests and other requests related to supporting the Firm’s litigation and practice technology.
Ideal candidates will have 6 years (preferred) experience in legal technology support at an AMLAW 100 law firm or service provider.
- Work closely with the assigned LPT Project Manager (“Project Manager”) to develop a firm understanding of the technical requirements (e.g., processing specifications) and critical timelines associated with assigned matters.
- Process and convert client and other electronically stored information in accordance with requirements set by team leadership and the assigned Project Manager.
- Provide hands-on file manipulation, loading and data conversion services. Load processed client and third party data to review databases. Conduct quality checks on data deliveries throughout process. Resolve loading errors.
- Create, configure and administer Relativity workspaces and BrainSpace builds as requested by the Project Manager.
- Format, execute and report on search term performance and other defined culling as requested by the Project Manager.
- Create document production deliverables by generating custom metadata load files, native files, text files and images in conformance with project specifications. Ensure appropriate OCR, text and image redaction steps are complete.
- Perform quality control and assurance steps on production deliverables following defined procedures.
- Manage packaging, encryption and transmittal of deliverables as requested by the Project Manager. Support all other needs related to the secure receipt, management and transmittal of client data.
- Complete all necessary documentation for media logging, status tracking, quality assurance and reporting.
- Maintain open and consistent communications with Operations and Services team.
- Provide technical support for TextMap and all other litigation and practice technology solutions.
- Trouble shoot escalated issues.
- Assist in developing, documenting and refining necessary procedures to accomplish improved process requirements.
- Contribute to departmental publications, presentations and documentation creation.
- Deliver training to case teams and/or department as required.
- Provide briefings to the Associate Director and Director of Litigation & Practice Technology as requested.
- Support the execution of special projects.
- Apply firm standards in both technology and practices as identified by Firm leadership and guided by an Associate Director.
Qualifications & Requirements
A successful Senior Analyst will have a strong combination of the following technical and matter management experience, capabilities and knowledge.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands on experience with leading eDiscovery review platforms (Relativity, DISCO, Recommind) with an emphasis on database setup, complex search construction and results validation, setup of review workflows including document batching.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands on experience performing complex document productions. Advanced understanding of eDiscovery processing and data extraction.
- A minimum of 1 year of hands on experience with the use of TAR and other analytics (Relativity Analytics, BrainSpace, NexLP) with an emphasis on the use of CAL/CMML and other techniques for deduplication, email threading, review prioritization, sampling, production quality control, privilege identification and other predictive models.
- Experience with processing tools (Relativity, Nuix, IPRO eCapture, LAW)
- Ability to independently use SQL, MS Access, scripting languages, batch files, text editors and similar tools to convert, analyze and manipulate data.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing multiple projects and priorities in a timely fashion, simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy, professionalism and client-service orientation.
- Ability to express thoughts, ideas and information in a clear and compelling manner by highlighting critical points, adjusting messaging to suit the audience, addressing questions and points from others with appropriate responses.
- Ability to identify problems by detecting patterns or connections, researching and analyze problems, determining alternative solutions and creating action steps to solve the problem.
- Ability to think and act quickly, effectively and appropriately in a variety of situations, solving problems while balancing time, quality, cost and risk.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-office team, building relationships, delegating working and escalating risk appropriately.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude. Ability to proactively manage team expectations, recognize needs and adapt plans accordingly.
- Willingness and ability to identify gaps, propose solutions and take ownership of projects.
- Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA); BrainSpace Analyst Certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, though a combination of associate’s degree and commensurate experience will be considered.
- This position requires some weekend and after hours support and may require occasional travel.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.