About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,500+ lawyers) operating from 19 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
- This position uses technical guidance and engineering best practices to oversee or perform the design, development, build, configuration and testing of security applications located in the cloud, hybrid or on-premises. This position requires a blend of functional understanding with technical proficiency to deliver leadership, guidance and innovative solutions to meet the business needs of our organization. The position is responsible for building, maintaining, upgrading, and continuously improving security applications implemented in the cloud, hybrid or on-premises environments.
- Apply high-level technical expertise and problem-solving skills to maintain and improve the Firm's Security applications. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Testing, and deploying security application solutions using various cloud platforms and technologies.
- Implementing and enforcing risk policies and standards, security policies and standards, and best practices for cloud, hybrid on on-premises environments.
- Identifying and mitigating risks and threats to the cloud, hybrid, and on-premises systems.
- Developing new features and enhancements that meet changing security needs.
- Managing and monitoring the Security applications.
- Providing technical support and guidance to other teams and stakeholders.
- Staying updated with the latest trends and developments in cloud security.
- Adhere to the Firm’s Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Collaborate with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to business users.
- Adhere to the Firm’s IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and configuration documentation for administered systems.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Applications team.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- The Applications Engineer 2 must have a BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years’ experience in cloud computing, security engineering, system administration, or a similar role
- Proficiency in various programming languages, tools, and frameworks used for cloud development and security
- Knowledge of cloud security concepts, principles, standards, and best practices
- Familiarity with various cloud platforms and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Ability to implement, and manage secure cloud architectures and solutions
- Experience in using cloud security tools and technologies such as IAM, encryption, firewall, VPN, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Certification in cloud security such as CCSP or Microsoft Azure Security (optional but preferred)
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships. In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Windows Server and Desktop operating system environments.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm. #LI-AR1 #LI-Hybrid