About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,500+ lawyers) operating from 19 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
- This position involves working closely with HR customers to understand their technical needs and help design and implement technology solutions to meet those requirements. This position requires a blend of functional understanding of systems with technical proficiency to deliver innovative solutions to meet the business needs of our organization. The Senior Application Engineer provides a deep understanding of HR applications and how they are being used and integrated internally and externally. This position is also responsible for ensuring accurate documentation of the specific application environments, troubleshooting to resolve application/system issues, performing application maintenance and upgrade processes, coordinating the installs, integrations, and providing overall general support of HR applications and data.
- Provide Level 3 operational or systematic support and maintenance for the Firm’s HR applications. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Evaluate and implement third-party cloud solutions and/or features based on the business needs.
- Gather requirements, design, develop, test and implement high-quality, user-friendly solutions to meet the Firm’s goals and strategic objectives.
- Solve or recommend solutions for complex issues and problems.
- Integrate on-prem and cloud data sources with SaaS and on-prem applications to create seamless and efficient solutions.
- Develop and maintain procedural and configuration documentation for administered systems.
- The position will be instrumental in systems support, and actively managing relationships with various non-IT business departments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors and vendor developers, guiding them through the Firm’s technology, security, and risk best practices to enhance and develop their products.
- Serve as the technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the applications in scope.
- Collaborate with business users in designing and implementing analytics to help them interpret their data to make informed business decisions.
- Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to business users.
- Adhere to the Firm’s Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Adhere to the Firm’s IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- The Senior Applications Engineer must have a BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 7+ years’ experience of application support/configuration in HR Systems.
- 2+ years with Cloud technologies (Azure preferred).
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships. In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Experience with HR related applications such as Learning Management systems, CLE management systems, Recruiting and development systems are preferred.
- Experience with SQL, including stored procedures, functions and triggers is required.
- Experience with a programming language is required (Ex: Java, .Net, Python, Shell Scripts)
- Proactive in escalating issues and pulling in support from other technical experts as required.
- Ability to train and guide junior software developers/analysts.
- Embrace a nimble mindset and adapt quickly to changing requirements and goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with little direction/supervision.
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Building reports in Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Developing with Intapp Integration Builder
- Experience with UNIX/Linux
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm. #LI-Hybrid #LI-LC1