About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,000+ lawyers) operating from 18 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
- Owns and drives Kirkland & Ellis data strategy execution in terms of architecting, defining and deploying the needed capabilities leveraging internal teams, technology partners etc., to ensure the solutions align with the business strategy as well as the industry best practices. Fosters and enables continued innovation to leverage data as an asset to drive continuous business value.
- Possesses strong data capabilities delivery expertise, and hands on expertise in crafting and deploying enterprise Big Data, data engineering, integration, AI, Analytics, data visualization solutions, using SaaS, PaaS solutions.
Essential Functions: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Accountable for the technical leadership regarding the delivery. Ensuring a sound and future-proof architecture is planned and the implementation meets the technical quality standards
- Owns end to end data platforms (Azure based, and on-prem), and capabilities in terms of business aligned road maps, execution, program delivery and sustenance
- Acts as the go to person for firm data stewards, data domain owners, and other data experts for defining and designing new capabilities to drive firm’s data-as-an-asset agenda
- Accountable for setting up and enforcing data engineering, data visualization standards, best practices, reusability and evangelization
- Leads solution discussions with data owners, application teams, and data consumers for end-to-end ownership of the data model, data pipes and consumption.
- Leads, Manages and coaches disparate data delivery teams to delivery high quality data pipes, data services leveraging modern delivery methodologies and best practices
- Accountable and responsible for defining and institutionalizing DevOps and DataOps practices
- Contributes and influences ongoing data strategy, data security, data quality, data governance initiatives and enables them with futuristic solutions to maximize ROI on the data platforms
- Partners with internal and external data experts to infuse innovation with focus on cross training and upskilling the existing teams.
- Provides usability, usage, other product and productivity metrics to maximize the user adoption and usage of the data assets.
Other Functions: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary. Delete if not applicable.)
- Acts as internal data champion and promotes and contributes to ongoing data literacy initiatives
- Be the role model by representing firm’s values and ethics
- Fosters and promotes heathy working relationships across the board to propagate end-to-end value of data.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer engineering or relevant discipline, and master would be a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in crafting, and deploying data and analytics solutions
- 5+ years of leadership experience in leading geo dispersed, multi-disciplinary teams,
- Demonstrable project management, agile, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proven skills in data architecture, integration, data engineering, visualization using industry leading tools and technologies
- Ability to interact with business to create solution charters, road maps, business cases, solution architecture and delivery plans.
- 10+ years of end-to-end implementation experience of deploying enterprise data warehouse, data mart and data visualization solutions
- 3+ years of working experience with Azure data solutions including but not limited to ADLS, Data Bricks, ADF, Synapse etc
- 5+ years of Implementation and maintenance experience with Master Data Management, Data quality tools and technologies
- Demonstrable understanding of Data Governance, and enabling technical tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of tools such as SSIS, Talend, ADF for ETL and ELT for OLTP as well as OLAP use cases and associated best practices
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations:
- Certification in Azure cloud stack, TOGAF, Data Architecture and related technologies would be preferred
- For most positions, the below description will suffice. Please discuss with HR if you think you have a position where the below will not be applicable.
- “This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.”
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm. #LI-Hybrid #LI-LC1