About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,000+ lawyers) operating from 18 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
Kirkland & Ellis is seeking a Coordinator to support the marketing and business development efforts of the Los Angeles offices. You will report to the Business Development Associate Director in Los Angeles and communicate and collaborate daily with approximately 150 diverse problem-solvers and advisers dedicated to the broader business development, marketing and communications efforts of the Firm. Our international business development team provides seamless service to our attorneys with a focus on quality, innovation and responsiveness. We are looking for a self-starter with good judgement and a background in professional services marketing and business development.
In this role, you will support attorneys across all areas of marketing and business development, including event planning, rankings and awards, pitches and proposals, contact relationship management, branding, business/relationship intelligence and internal communications. Specific responsibilities include event assistance, new business pitch preparation, marketing collateral development and maintenance, experience database data entry/management, and legal award and directory submissions. You will also be responsible for administrative tasks associated with the business development function, such as processing check requests.
Assist with event planning and execution for client-facing events, industry conferences and charitable sponsorships, speaking engagements and other event activities related to the promotion of the Los Angeles practices.
Assist with survey responses and award submissions for legal and business trade publications by writing award nominations, reviewing and editing content and ensuring the submissions’ timely completion.
Monitor data in the Firm’s marketing contact relationship management (CRM) database, including the review and creation of mailing lists used for direct mail campaigns.
Help produce client-facing pitch materials, responses to RFPs and presentations, including proofreading, formatting, editing, printing, binding and delivery.
Maintain marketing collateral, including practice descriptions, brochures, PowerPoint templates, case summaries, accolade summaries and attorney biographies.
Assist with general online and database research.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with high-level attorneys, clients, staff and guests of the Firm.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt to change and work independently in high-pressure, deadline-driven scenarios while exercising sound judgment and making intelligent, informed decisions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and execute a diverse range of tasks with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, weigh options and find ways to move initiatives forward to meet critical deadlines and produce results.
- Meticulous data entry, writing and proofing skills and a general facility for learning new software.
- Solid command of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint). Candidates must take a PowerPoint test.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to four years’ experience in a similar role in a law firm/professional services environment.
- Experience with CRM/database software (e.g., InterAction, Salesforce, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Chrome River, Adobe Photoshop and other programs.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- This role offers a hybrid work arrangement.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
For applicants who are based in Los Angeles, visit the following link for pay range information: http://staffjobsus.kirkland.com/pages/LAJOBID6987
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.