About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts daily audit of reports and receipts for consistent compliance to Firm policies and monitors and tracks various monthly reports, i.e. pending approvals, duplicates, and unsubmitted transactions.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and appropriate accounting treatment, i.e. general ledger accounts, budget and project codes, billing cost codes and bank assignments.
- Ensures that rush requests are handled daily.
- Verifies and assesses multiple state jurisdictions of state/use tax accruals on invoices during three way matching.
- Performs vendor due diligence and runs Dun & Bradstreet reports, verifying tax identification using IRS TIN matching website and obtaining necessary approvals.
- Records expert witness and local counsel exceptions with notifications to New Business Department.
- Performs and reconciles accounts payable and soft cost uploads for posing to financial software.
- Reconciles vendor statements by reviewing past due invoices and maintains vendor contact to resolve payments issues.
- Processes reclassification journal entries.
- Answers inquiries from accounts payable support line and achieves issue resolution.
- Assembles paperwork and approvals for final verification before payments are released to vendors and maintains electronic storage of completed accounts payable documentation in the Firm’s document management system.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The Accounts Payable Coordinator will have at least 3-5 years of accounts payable work experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services industry, showing progressive growth in responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business is preferred.
- Familiarity with 3E Elite financial system and Chrome River expense and invoice management application is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required and the individuals must be proactive and results oriented. Attention to detail and the eagerness to learn and to progress within a dynamic and growing organization are imperative. Individuals are expected to exhibit strong customer service skills and a commitment to excellence.
- Shows initiative by taking on additional works and assisting team members to bring tasks to completion.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills are required
- Elite 3E
- Chrome River
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.