About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The San Francisco Billing Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the San Francisco (SF) billing team as well as all aspects of the San Francisco office’s billing operations, including the proactive administration of billing responsibilities, preparation and processing of timely and high quality invoices, and monitoring and follow-up on outstanding receivables. Responsibilities also involve providing billing support for designated billing attorney assignments, generally 50% - 70% of time spent. The SF Billing Supervisor will report directly to the Regional Accounting and Billing Manager; direct reports to this position are the SF Billing staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- In collaboration with the Regional Accounting & Billing Manager and Associate Director, Billing Services, manage, and develop San Francisco (SF) Billing staff to ensure personnel have appropriate skills and competencies, as well as ensure that competencies for future needs are developed in advance.
- In collaboration with the Regional Accounting & Billing Manager, perform staff reviews and performance evaluations.
- Monitor and balance the workloads of the SF Billing staff and coordination of time off, etc. to assure appropriate staffing levels at all times.
- Promote a customer service orientation between the partners and SF Billing staff, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Monitor overall quality to assure the consistent productions of the highest quality service and output in the most efficient manner consistent with Firm guidelines.
- Ensure the SF Billing staff is aware of client guidelines and Firm special fee and non-standard billing arrangements.
- Responsible for coordination of after-hours billing coverage by SF Billing staff and Firmwide as appropriate.
- Provide general support to the SF Billing staff suggesting alternative methods for completing assignments and challenging them to independently explore opportunities to make the function more efficient.
- Work closely with financial staff members to implement client billing requirements for override rates, special fee arrangements, e-Billing requirements, etc.
- Support the Regional Accounting & Billing Manager and Associate Director, Billing Services in the development of standard processes, reporting, knowledge sharing, and education/training programs.
- Actively participate in the Financial System testing, training, and implementation.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The Billing Supervisor will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Minimum of five years of previous billing experience in a law firm of professional services company is required; at least one year of management or supervisory experience is required.
- Established collaboration skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of personnel within the Firm.
- The ability to communicate with openness and transparency in addition to outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills; proven ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent analytical and sound problem solving skills necessary to compile, analyze and interpret client billing data.
- MS Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Elite 3E
- Electronic Billing Systems
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.