This job posting is no longer active
About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
Conference Center Technology Specialist II
Primary responsibilities include providing white glove service to the users of the DC conference center. Our Conference Center is used in high level, fast pace meetings, depositions, video conferences and large events. The candidate must know their craft, and instill confidence by remaining calm in high pressure situations while focusing on the task at hand. Candidate must meet or exceed the expectations of the users of the DC conference center by preparing for their meeting in advance, and understanding the technical requirements. Ability to interact professionally with all levels of firm personnel to ensure the seamless and timely execution of meetings, training sessions and special events. Other responsibilities include a thorough understanding of the firm’s hardware and software platforms for troubleshooting and configuration.
This position requires strong people skills due to the high-level clients that we serve, such as share partners and clients. This position will report to the Conference Technology Manager and local technology lead for day-to-day operations. Must have excellent customer service skills and provide white glove service. Establish and maintain effective, courteous relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect. Always speak and act with the customer in mind.
Strong analytical reasoning and AV troubleshooting skills are required. Individual must also possess excellent judgment regarding local Conference Technology matters. Must be able to assess situations quickly and proactively to ensure customer/client satisfaction. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must in addition to having a strong customer service commitment.
Run the local Conference Technology Department and work closely with the Firmwide Conference Technology Manager to insure consistent high level of service is provided to the conference clients. This including set-up, Operate, maintain and troubleshoot all built-in and portable Conference Technology systems including, but not limited to:
• Support the day to day Conference Technology operational needs.
• Organize daily operational needs and provide daily activity report to the Firmwide Conference Technology Manager.
• Produce monthly reports as required to the Firmwide Conference Technology Manager.
• Maintain documentation on all maintenance activities, projection lamp hours, any equipment changes and incident reports.
• Set up and test video conferences with the Firmwide video conference specialist.
• Set up audio conferences (microphones, sound systems, speakerphones, conference calls)
• Set up and maintain visiting attorney offices.
• Set up presentation equipment (LCD projectors, screens, videos)
• Laptops (webcasts, network connections)
• Become proficient on the operation of Kirkland’s Crestron program.
• Ensure daily that all onsite Conference Technology systems are fully functional.
• Daily coordination and communication with the local conference center scheduler to insure the client’s needs are provided and supported as requested.
• Maintain coordination with the Conference Technology team in Chicago.
• Maintain sufficient inventory of supplies (batteries, cables, DVD's, power supplies)/ ensure operating efficiency of equipment.
• Perform system maintenance as scheduled and work with vendors as required.
• Exhibit helpful, customer service-oriented attitude with team members and end-users.
• Remain calm yet communicate (and act) with sense of urgency when end-user has an urgent matter requiring resolution.
• General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm’s standard hardware such as laptop and related programs.
• General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm’s standard applications such as Lotus Notes, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office Suite, DMS.
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
• Retains knowledge and stays current on the firm’s procedures and guidelines that impact technology usage and support requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Five years previous AV experience in a conference center environment.
• Must have a current InfoComm CTS certification which must be maintained during employment.
• Exceptional customer service abilities.
• Superior oral and written communication and problem-solving/strategizing skills.
• Ability to lift at least 30 pounds and able to move freely within the workplace.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and procedures/stay current with AV technology.
• Flexibility in daily work hours to meet the conference client’s needs.
POSITION SPECIFIC SKILLS:
• Basic proficiency in core application suite.
• Basic PC troubleshooting skills.
• Able to set up and operate AV systems.
• Able to troubleshoot AV systems and diagnose routine issues.
• Able to perform routine maintenance on AV equipment.
• Able to maintain documentation on equipment maintenance.
• Stays current on the state of the AV industry.
• Capable of developing event work flow plans.
• Able to develop detailed AV and VTC test plans.
• Able to understand and develop technology strategies and road maps.
• Provides technical expertise to projects.
• Demonstrates basic project management skills.
• Stays current with the state of the AV/video industry.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.